Attention all students: here are a few tips to take your mind off all the exams and papers…
1. Probably the most obvious way to de-stress your mind is meditation. Concentrate on breathing rather than those math equations you need to memorize. Thinking about your inhaling and exhaling will calm down your entire body. Along the same lines as meditation, take an hour break to get some exercise and also calm your mind. Yoga is a great workout that also allows your whole mind and body to take a little break from all the finals anxiety.
2. Organize your desk or clean your room. If you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, it is best to settle the environment you’re working in. Take a 15 minute break to clean up all the clutter. By organizing everything around you, your mind will feel more at ease and less overwhelmed.
3. If you are more of the hyper type—not much into the calming, relaxation exercises, hit up the gym for a long, hard run on the treadmill, exercise outside or cool down with a swim. With a hard, sweaty workshop, your body pumps out endorphins and may actually help you study after the workout. With high energy and an uplifted mindset, you will feel good about your body and in the mood to crunch out that term paper. Don’t have time to get to get out? Just do a couple jumping jacks or jump rope for a couple minutes. If your mind is sleepy, this will kick it back up to speed.
4. Can’t study without a snack? Me either! Plan ahead. Go to your local health food store and pick up some yummy snacks. For the sweet tooth: dried mango slices, pineapple rings, or your favorite dried fruit. For savory: Roasted and salted nuts, pretzels, rice crackers. If you are one to feel the continuous need to be putting food in your mouth the entire time you’re studying, grab a bundle of grapes or blueberries. You can occupy your mouth with healthy foods that won’t make you feel weighed down.
5. Last but not least, sex! Who could forget this one. I can’t imagine anything else that can get your mind off finals more. Although it may not be the calming activity your mind needs, it will definitely take you away from the reality of tests and papers.
Enjoy and good luck on the finals!
Got better de-stressing or studying tips? Comment below.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 557 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 11 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,557 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 853 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,753 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,384 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,584 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 4,011 shares