Best (Bicycle) Commercial Ever.

Via on Aug 15, 2009

hutchinson

This is What Effective Advertising Looks Like, Number Eight: Hutchinson.

If all advertising were this evocative I’d skip the programs watch the commercials

There’s some stunning images in this commercial—riding hands-free between two silvery buses took my breath away. Cutting through traffic, pulling back a thousand feet to reveal the concrete canyons. It’s a NYC bicycle love story.

Watch it full screen:

It’s Your Ride from Cinecycle on Vimeo.

About elephant journal

15 Responses to “Best (Bicycle) Commercial Ever.”

1. I must agree … very swank :)

2. una m orerea says:

i talked to the kid who did this commercial…he is very very cool, imho.

3. Dunelt Rider says:

Waylon, I know you like that Masi.
    Nice contrast between the messenger style riding, and the sedate cruising.

4. I enjoyed this, especially since I love NYC and one of my sons is an instructor at the bike co-op there, and he's always telling me about the joys and travails of riding a bike every day through NYC.

Bob Weisenberg

5. Tee says:

Brilliant. It makes me really want to get my bike out there and ride. If I hadn't been riding, it would have induced a lot of guilt, especially when I have to walk by my bike every time I go to the kitchen or front door.

6. [...] Now, companies like Patagonia, prAna, Corepower, Method, Axe, Samadhi Cushions, Anusara Yoga, Hutchinson spend their dough on fancy web sites and videos, sit back and watch sucker blogs like ours post [...]

7. Shunyata Kharg says:

Yuck. My bike and I are allergic to asphalt

8. Anna Brones svenskaanna says:

Love this video so much. Never gets old.

9. lisa m k says:

ahhhhh : ) Very efficacious! i have to change my outlook on my commuter ride and make it feel like a fun ride every day.

10. san antonio plumber says:

I have to say that for the past couple of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the great work.

11. [...] kind of advertising. Now let’s take a break, go outside, stretch, get [...]

12. Mary says:

Very cool, beautiful video. I started bike commuting myself this year and I'm pro cycling all the way, but I wish the cyclists in the vid were wearing helmets. :( Love the overall vibe and the big message that riding a bike is efficient and cool, but not loving the message that it's OK to skip important safety precautions. We wear seat belts in cars, we should wear helmets when riding with cars.