With thanks for the tip to Kontraband: “Mary Roach reveals some crazy facts about orgasms in humans and in animals. Seriously though who would have thought that when women have orgasms it can give them bad breath after an hour or so? Seriously who studies this stuff?”
Shocking Sex Facts:
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility. “Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature.”
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm (because the arch in your feet causes your pelvic floor to contract, and therefore your muscles can’t contract further during orgasm).
4. Orgasms can make women more creative, productive and confident.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women (because it presses your pudendal nerves in a certain way).
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm.
And more, from TIME.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,436 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 24,904 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 32,603 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,099 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,272 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 529 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 450 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 983 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share