With thanks for the tip to Kontraband: “Mary Roach reveals some crazy facts about orgasms in humans and in animals. Seriously though who would have thought that when women have orgasms it can give them bad breath after an hour or so? Seriously who studies this stuff?”
Shocking Sex Facts:
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility. “Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature.”
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm (because the arch in your feet causes your pelvic floor to contract, and therefore your muscles can’t contract further during orgasm).
4. Orgasms can make women more creative, productive and confident.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women (because it presses your pudendal nerves in a certain way).
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm.
And more, from TIME.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,493 shares How to Quit your Job & Live in a Van. 2,633 shares