Uh, wow.

Via on Dec 23, 2009

lululemon ad disabled yoga journal

This is What Effective Advertising Looks Like.

Just what Lululemon (richy lululemon athletica) needs from us (poor Elephant Journal): free advertising. But whattayagonnado. This ad deserves it. Photo.

(Ads you want to share with others. Ads that get themselves the attention of top 10 yoga blogs that are hungry for advertising, but are so inspired by said advertisement they feature it on their site, for free, gaddamnit.)

I looked at this critically, examining alignment…for a full five seconds…before saying to myself, uh, wow. Great ad.

About elephant journal

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

9 Responses to “Uh, wow.”

1. Amy Putkonen says:

I thought two things when I saw this ad… 1) How cool that they featured a person with a so-called disability in a powerful and athletic light and 2) That must be itchy on her feet.

• Andrea says:

Hi! My name is Andrea, Im the athlete featured in the lululemon athletica ad from the December 2009 in the Yoga Journal!

I have been lucky enough to be supported by lululemon for the past few years. I competed for Team Canada in Athletics from 2003-2007, and now I am skiing on the BC Para-Alpine Ski Team.

Of course their clothes are amazing however the culture of the company, and what they taught me in regards to goal setting has helped me get where I am today!

Thank you for your comment! By the way….it was itchy!!

Kind Regards, Andrea

2. yogitastic says:

Awesome ad! Truly inspiring!

3. gabygyoga says:

Glad Lulu is catching on and showing us a new side. Check out this Manduka ad as well. http://www.manduka.com/us/blog/2012/06/18/yogi-we

4. Lisa says:

Wow….. just wow….. incredible courage, light and soul! ♡

5. guest says:

Lululemon sucks. What a gimmick. It's all the rage these days, using amputee models to show how progressive and open-minded your huge corporation is. B*llshit. They profiteer off anyone they can.

6. Dawn says:

I think it's great they are using a disabled athlete. But I'm waiting for the day they use a real woman with a body that is bigger than a size six. Oh wait—-they don't have clothes for the average woman—only the ones they think are worthy