From the title, you’re probably saying to yourself: Avoid using plastic??? Why? I recycle and it’s so convenient! And how? It’s EVERYWHERE!
Besides creating the Great Eastern Garbage Patch and polluting our oceans, plastic has been know to cause:
* Brain damage
* Increased fat formation and risk of obesity
* Hyperactivity, increased aggressiveness, and learning impairment
* Auto-immune disorders
* Early puberty, stimulation of mammary gland development, disrupted reproductive cycles, and ovarian dysfunction -I’ve treated girls as young as 7 getting their periods.
* Thyroid disorders
* Stimulation of prostate cancer cells
* Increased prostate size and decreased sperm production
* Increase cancer risk
I know the side effects might seem scary and overwhelming. But doing regular detoxes, getting plenty of clean water, eating nutritious foods, taking the proper supplements can help prevent, eliminate, and reduce any of the above health issues.
I also know, that’s it’s pretty much impossible to avoid using all plastics. I recently interviewed a woman who tried for 2 weeks and failed. A few recommendations to limiting your exposure:
• Storing your food in glass container
• Using cooking oils that are in glass bottles
• Drinking filtered water in metal container
• Do NOT microwave in any plastic. For that matter, don’t microwave at all.
• Using reusable bags when shopping
• And PLEASE recycle!
Please tell your friends, family, and communities this vital information.
Live natural. Live well.
Heather Lounsbury, L.Ac.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,374 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,578 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,418 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,007 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,876 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 5,591 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,234 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 151 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,735 share