Via on Jul 15, 2010

Not giving up.

July 15th, one day before my 36th bday, I received a letter informing me that CitiMortage had rejected the Mod App (Modification Application that would allow me to roll my debt to them into monthly payments, and begin to pay my mortgage again). It was a time-sucking application that involved me, my staff, my accountant—and one that they had asked for.

The letter informed me that, though I’m able to my my mortgage again, having quickly transitioned my 8 year business from print to web, CitiMortgage still plans to Foreclose. In three weeks.

via our 20K followers on @waylonlewis and @elephantjournal:
Citi rejected Mod App THEY ASKED 4, wants2foreclose tho m once again able 2 pay monthly in full. Help! RT! Make Noise! @jaredpolis

We’ve now counted about 100 new tweets re this situation, reaching (literally) millions of twitter users. And we’ll continue to make noise, honestly but respectfully, in the hopes that CitiMortgage will allow me to stay in my home and once again pay my mortgage.

My next and last move is to borrow all the money I owe from not having paid myself much over last two years from friends, then pay all default all at once, then can begin paying monthly again and get roommates to help keep the total down.

[galleria]

Inspired to help? Just copy and paste, tweet something like. Let the sunshine in:

Citi: b a hero, let @WaylonLewis of @elephantjournal stay in home, pay mortgage again, http://bit.ly/92YeIQ Pls RT!

PS: unlike last time, I’m now, officially, pretty thin-skinned about offerings of hindsight. We all make mistakes; me particularly. But I’ve done my best, and would be able to pay this mortgage still if I hadn’t idealistically killed my profitable magazine so that we could build an online following, something I’ve successfully managed, if only barely, in just under 1.5 years. To rehash, I live downtown, was able to get rid of car, I bought a home and green-renovated it, hoping to have a family some day< I would have sold it if I could have got a decent price but the market is hit by record foreclosures, my staff works in the home, and I’m happy to have roommates to help pay mortgage if I am allowed to stay and once again pay my mortgage in full.

Please, please, unlike last time, keep comments respectful. Many comments were critical but fair, which is great. Many were sweet. Many were depressingly viscious, as if you enjoyed someone else’s misfortune. If you’d like to criticize me, I welcome it, just email me at waylon at elephantjournal.com. Anonymous commenters that are of the “kicking the nearly-foreclosed-homeowner while down” variety will be asked to rephrase in constructive, fair manner. I am only posting this in order to “make noise,” in the hope that it will encourage Citi not to just casually foreclose, which is easier for them to do, since once you’re in the system, that’s the way this stuff flows. ~ Waylon.

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

15 Responses to “So far, CitiMortgage would rather foreclose than allow this homeowner to begin to pay mortgage in full again.”

1. Waylon, this sucks! I can't believe they weren't willing to work with you. I wish you the best of luck.

2. Sorry to hear about this but, could you explain what "mod app" means and why Citi asked for it? For anybody who hasn't been following your story, the "information" given at the top of this post makes very little sense (and even for myself, who has, it's a bit baffling).

3. Aunty says:

All my best to you 'phew! I truly wish I could send you sacks of money.

4. swati jr* says:

had my own blow with something similar yesterday. the system sucks big time. more than anything, i'm annoyed that any of us have to partake in their BS at all. as if we even have a choice anymore. i can only say waylon that at least we are all well aware of what we WON'T do again and take the rest with a pill (a strong one perhaps). good luck. may the force be with you.

5. You and Elephant are in our prayers..which is to say we are surrendering and hope to walk forward in a way that is helpful and hopeful to you and the rest of the human players.

6. KT says:

Im also losing my home to CitiMortgage, however we have found fraudulent documents concerning our mortgage and there seems to be enough going around for all…
    Have you been to this website http://www.foreclosurehamlet.com
    this is a wonderful resourceful site, please take the time to visit if you haven’t already, there might be away to help you keep your home…

Blessings

7. PrayingGirl says:

I wish you all the best. I understand what you are going through and pray that it will all work out.

8. Randall Smith says:

hang in there, sir. you are a part of a good thing, and good will surely flow….just be open to the solution. i'm in a tough spot myself financially, but nothing like what you're dealing with. all I can do is share Elephant with my friends. keep us all posted.

9. Anita says:

Way …. don't leave – squat… I read today that they are so backed up in the courts and such that it could take months for them to get to you… and file bankruptcy it will jam everything up for months while you buy some time to sort it out… … so what about the flippin stupid stigma… and the bankruptcy courts are held up for years with all the other ones… take your power back friend… … and start sending them your monthly now… if you have it and call Representative Marci Kaptur (Ohio) – check out this VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXbK_O6RfM and demand that Citimortgage deliver to you the original signed mortgage. THE ORIGINAL… time for some Kali mantra and calling in!

10. Wow; I just don’t understand why people do what they do sometimes. I really hope this works out for you. If there is something more we can do, post!

11. arnie says:

This youtube link was sent to me buy a friend ,it will open your eyes to why banks are draging there feet on mods.
    Just watch the vidio and you'll see that greed is the main factor!

Sincerely,
    Arnie

12. Foster Bowle says:

I like to visit your blog a couple times a week for new readings. I was wondering if you have any other niches you write about? You’re a very interesting writer!

13. I was Googling for information on how to plant in my little garden. I don't know why but Yahoo showed your articleand I thought it might be worth reading so I decided to read it. I'm glad I did because I came away with something ot think about. :D

14. [...] floor of my home wearing two-week-old boxers feeling sorry for myself. In fact, I’ve welcomed harsh comments on my blogs for years: I learn a lot and become a better person because many of you are f**k**g [...]