Going green is easier than you thought.
1. Ditch the plastic water bottles and put your tap to work. Get yourself a filter, I use a Brita pitcher but there are many kinds available.
2. Get a stainless steel canteen to take your home-filtered water on the go. Old Navy has some for only $5 each.
3. Replace your ziploc bags, foil and plastic wrap with reusable containers.
4. Opt for reusable dishes rather than paper plates.
5. Use cloth napkins that can be laundered instead of paper napkins and paper towels. It’s helpful to have one set for napkins and another set for cleaning.
6. Trade in your cleaning sponges for plain-old washcloths.
7. Rediscover the cleaning power of products like vinegar, soap, borax and baking soda instead of their chemical counterparts.
8. Bring your own cloth shopping bags when you go grocery shopping.
9. Invest in some all-natural detergents for laundry and dishes.
10. Remember that using products that can be laundered and reused will always be greener (and cheaper in the long run!) Like a reusable coffee cup. Many cafes will give you a small discount to refill your own cuppa. Check out the neat new ones at Costplus!
Other ideas: grow a vegetable garden, plant a fruit tree, compost your leftovers, replace your Swiffer with a good-old-fashioned mop and befriend your local thrift store.
What are your tips for going green?
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 235 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,058 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 3,295 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 614 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 599 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,434 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,039 share Stop Ignoring these Connections, they can Turn your Day (or Life) around. 932 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 633 shares Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 283 shares