Going green is easier than you thought.
1. Ditch the plastic water bottles and put your tap to work. Get yourself a filter, I use a Brita pitcher but there are many kinds available.
2. Get a stainless steel canteen to take your home-filtered water on the go. Old Navy has some for only $5 each.
3. Replace your ziploc bags, foil and plastic wrap with reusable containers.
4. Opt for reusable dishes rather than paper plates.
5. Use cloth napkins that can be laundered instead of paper napkins and paper towels. It’s helpful to have one set for napkins and another set for cleaning.
6. Trade in your cleaning sponges for plain-old washcloths.
7. Rediscover the cleaning power of products like vinegar, soap, borax and baking soda instead of their chemical counterparts.
8. Bring your own cloth shopping bags when you go grocery shopping.
9. Invest in some all-natural detergents for laundry and dishes.
10. Remember that using products that can be laundered and reused will always be greener (and cheaper in the long run!) Like a reusable coffee cup. Many cafes will give you a small discount to refill your own cuppa. Check out the neat new ones at Costplus!
Other ideas: grow a vegetable garden, plant a fruit tree, compost your leftovers, replace your Swiffer with a good-old-fashioned mop and befriend your local thrift store.
What are your tips for going green?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,356 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,462 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,759 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,934 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 5,862 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,193 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,741 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 133 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,682 share