Going green is easier than you thought.
1. Ditch the plastic water bottles and put your tap to work. Get yourself a filter, I use a Brita pitcher but there are many kinds available.
2. Get a stainless steel canteen to take your home-filtered water on the go. Old Navy has some for only $5 each.
3. Replace your ziploc bags, foil and plastic wrap with reusable containers.
4. Opt for reusable dishes rather than paper plates.
5. Use cloth napkins that can be laundered instead of paper napkins and paper towels. It’s helpful to have one set for napkins and another set for cleaning.
6. Trade in your cleaning sponges for plain-old washcloths.
7. Rediscover the cleaning power of products like vinegar, soap, borax and baking soda instead of their chemical counterparts.
8. Bring your own cloth shopping bags when you go grocery shopping.
9. Invest in some all-natural detergents for laundry and dishes.
10. Remember that using products that can be laundered and reused will always be greener (and cheaper in the long run!) Like a reusable coffee cup. Many cafes will give you a small discount to refill your own cuppa. Check out the neat new ones at Costplus!
Other ideas: grow a vegetable garden, plant a fruit tree, compost your leftovers, replace your Swiffer with a good-old-fashioned mop and befriend your local thrift store.
What are your tips for going green?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 456 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 72,936 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,790 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,868 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,737 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,686 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,065 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,122 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 933 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,440 share