Relaxing Young Minds

Via on Sep 17, 2010
YouTube Preview Image

Teach Our Children Well.

After posting the wonderful ‘ Grounded ‘ Yoga film last week i thought it apt to add my very own, It’s a bit of a comparison. I started to think about how versatile yoga can be when we are in the throws of teaching our children, whether that’s as a parent at home or in a class situation with a teacher. The different angles Yoga can take to get the point across are a true inspiration. Please add comments about your own experiences, I’d would love to hear more of your stories. ” And May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You

About Indra Singh

Indra Singh loves to write anything from Yoga Articles to Creative Writing works. She is a full time mother and works predominantly in the world of addiction therapy, helping individuals with their journey through recovery by assisting them with Yoga techniques to help support their daily lives. She runs general classes and workshops too and is an experienced Children's Yoga teacher. She's studied Aura Soma, reflexology, aromatherapy and is heavily into flower essences and vibrational healing. She also loves to knit. For more about Indra, visit her website, Facebook or Twitter.

728 views

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

8 Responses to “Relaxing Young Minds”

1. Kelly M says:

well done Indra, great video! x

2. Jason says:

Indra, keep up the good work. Very inspirational and excellent for young children in these ever increasing stressfull times.

3. Christian Corcoran says:

Thank You.

4. indrasingh says:

ALL such inspiring comments
    thank you all.
    I have now put a mailing box on my website so you can always find out more and help this cause.
    If you have read my previous articles you will realize that i got into yoga through having an eating disorder, this too is a subject close to my heart, i see it everyday, the stress that children go through.
    Lets Open Our Eyes and Help!!
    we dont have a future without them
    Blessings x

5. indrasingh says:

Cheryl thank you, yes i think the chanting is best started young, because i teach a number of adults who fear it!!mainly due to feeling silly:)
    I love what you say and i find this too, children understand these terms when some adults look at you like your mad!!:) i still use them in all my classes x

6. Amy Haysman says:

What beauty! I agree whole heartedly with your comments regarding chanting. It should not be ignored as a powerful tool and so often people who teach kids are afraid to chant with them. Kudos to you and all those who chant with children. Sat Nam!

7. indrasingh says:

8. Fabwithniceeyes says:

Although I don't have kids myself I would like to say that this was an inspirational video which I hope encourages more children ( and adults) to take up/learn/experience yoga and how it can help/contribute to/motivate others to learn to relax.
    A bonus was actually seeing you teaching !!