- Absolve yourself of “mommy guilt.” You are doing the best that you can.
- Remember that a desire for a career does not make you a bad mother, nor does a desire for work/life balance make you a bad employee.
- Be proactive and creative. Many supervisors are open to considering creative solutions when they are presented, but will not be so conscious as to offer them unasked.
- If you have a partner, ask that partner for help and unconditional love and support.
- Find a community of mothers who also work outside the home. So much mom support is based on the stay-at-home crowd, and while some of our issues are the same, some are very different.
- Remember that raising children only comes once in a lifetime.
hot on elephant
Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. What every Empath must Know before they Date. To Have our Needs Met—Without Apology. What we’re Actually Searching for when we Run Away. How I Used my Body Weight to Protect Me. 5 Tips for Getting Out of Bed When we Just Want to Go Back to Sleep. To the Depressed: You have Nothing to be Ashamed of.