5 Reasons to Eat Organic.
- Extensive studies point to organically grown fruits & vegetables containing much more vital nutrients than those that are conventionally farmed.
- Organic produce is free from the chemicals that weaken our bodies & cause disease, like toxic pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers. The results? A healthier you. It should be assumed that food free of chemicals is likely more beneficial to your body.
- If you are keen on going green, eating organic is even a healthier choice for our environment. According to a study by Cornell University, 30% of the world’s soil has been destroyed due to erosion. Organic farms reduce erosion, as well as toxic runoff by cultivating chemical-free, nutrient-rich soil, full of microorganisms and earthworms which keep crops healthy & less susceptible to disease. Mother Nature’s disease-fighting organisms simply cannot live in soil saturated with toxic chemicals.
- Organic food does not use GMO’s, or genetically modified organisms. GMO’s have been under close scrutiny, largely since this biotechnology is completely unnatural. GMO’s are potentially harmful to our health. Read about why you should say no to GMO’s.
- The most important reason, I believe: Do it for yourself. You have the facts, the criticisms, and most importantly the will to change. Being aware of what you put in your body has become increasingly important since there are chemicals & toxins permitted by the FDA for use in the conventional manufacturing of food that are harmful to human & animal life. Your health has to be worth the extra dollar or two, right?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares