Grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle.

Via
on Jan 6, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

What’s a bachelor to do when he’s fresh out of frijoles and doesn’t drive a car?

YouTube Preview Image

It’s a fun way to earn your food while breathing in fresh air!

746 views

About Ryan van Duzer

Ryan Van Duzer is a proud Boulder native, loves sleeping under the stars, and is happiest on a bike. He works as a video journalist and TV host, appearing on Discovery Channel's Out Of the Wild and hosting various series for TravelChannel.com. He also works as a bicycle advocate for People for Bikes and loves inspiring people to get out and ride. If you're ever in Boulder, you can probably find Ryan at the nearest burrito joint. To see Ryan's videos from around the world, visit his Youtube Page.

Comments

18 Responses to “Grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle.”

1. Juliana says:

love this. more please.

2. kim ashdown says:

only you duzer- could make shopping so entertaining! I am car free since 2007! Way to go!!!
    azephyrgirl

3. Okay, I was JUST about to post this video.. ahahah.. Its AWESOME!

4. cesar betancur says:

Where can one find a nifty trailer like that?

5. namastehon says:

I duz luv the dooz!

6. Amy says:

awesome!!! Great post, if only everyone did their groceries this way!

7. Jarrod Homer says:

Ah, the good life!

8. ailis says:

Hilarious! Love it!

9. Cullen says:

"Grocery shoppin' " looks relatively easy on bike…My recumbent trike is perfect for this!

10. fxgeorges says:

this is the one thing am begging to love and started doing it 3 weeks ago. i saved money for trips going to the market, grocery store, fast food and vet… aside from it there are side trips and exercise. yeah i need to buy a helmet :)

11. Lief says:

Love it. You are an inspiration for all. When are you going to write your book about living simple in a hectic and complex world?

12. fmd82 says:

When I lived in Oakland it took me 45 minutes to ride uphill to our grocery store. 5 min ride downhill with full pack. Thanks for the reminder.

13. Jodi Williams says:

This video made my day. You have motivated me to ride my bike to the grocery store across the street, haha

14. […] composting, biking and recycling—while absolutely important for reducing your daily impact and spreading behavioral […]

15. Great video! Good for overall sexiness! Yes! LOL

16. […] 15. Go raw for a day or a meal. Take advantage of all the live enzymes and nutrients of raw fruits and veggies. Check out a new trendy new raw café. Heck, walk there or even ride your bike. […]

17. […] store on the way home. I’ve never bought frozen pizza by bike since the Ryan van Duzer grocery shoppin’ on a bicycle video tricked me into thinking it’s a big deal. It’s not. I was hoping one of the boys […]