Party in My Pants!

Via on Mar 24, 2011

My new favorite feminine product.

I am ecstatic about the “Party in My Pants!”

Each month, I look forward to the party that will fill my pants!

Gone are the days of suffering through uncomfortable plastic, itchy, sticky and wasteful menstrual pads. Now, I reach for the “Party in My Pants!” and I’m so glad that I’ve made the switch to washable cloth menstrual pads.

They are colorful, unique, inviting, comfortable, earth-friendly and feminine.

Would you like to get the party started in your pants too?

Here’s how to get started:

• - 1. Before making a large investment, purchase two or three “Party in My Pants” menstrual pads to get a feel for the size needed according to your own cycle.
  • *
  • - 2. When you next bleed, reach for these lovely cloth pads and with a quick snap, your pad is in place. (I’ve noticed that they stay more secure than disposable pads – they don’t move around or stick to your skin.)
  • *
  • -  3.When you feel moisture on your skin, remove the pad and replace with a new one.
  • *
  • - 4. Next, you can either (1) rinse and squeeze in the sink or (2) soak in water. Depending upon your flow, you might be able to skip this step.
  • *
  • - 5. Place them in the wash with a regular load of clothes.
  • *
  • - 6. Hang or lay flat to dry to avoid the tent-like nylon backing from wearing out.

The “Party in My Pants” are said to last 5-6 years; very much worth the investment. It truly feels like a special occasion each month!

In Boulder, my hometown, they can purchased at Rebecca’s Apothecary. Find your local retailer HERE.

Connect with women in Boulder who are gathering to honor women’s cycles and moontime.

Do you use washable menstrual pads? How do you like them?

About Helene Rose

Helene Rose, MS, is passionate about supporting women to live brilliant lives and founded Be Brilliant Network LLC to serve as a portal for women to step into their radiance. Her life experience provides her with a deeply compassionate perspective and understanding of the modern woman’s struggle for mindful living and feminine empowerment. She lives in Boulder, CO with her family. Read more about Helene >>> HERE.

14 Responses to “Party in My Pants!”

1. Megan says:

I haven't used these, but I changed to the Diva Cup two months ago and it has changed my life and the way I feel about my menstrual cycle!! I recommend it to EVERY SINGLE WOMEN!! It was under $30 and lasts up to 10 years! http://www.divacup.com/

• Helene Rose helene_rose says:

How lovely to hear! Some women have told me they use the diva cup and a cloth pad backup.

• elephantjournal says:

Reviewed here: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/07/get-back-o… ~ Waylon

• Louisa says:

YES! The Diva Cup seriously changed my life. I used to have an absolutely MISERABLE cycle- I blew through tampons like they weren't even there and had to bring plenty of backup everywhere I went. The cup makes it so that I only have to deal with it four times a day on my heaviest days, and only in the morning and evening on my lightest. I have been thinking about making my own cloth pads to completely eliminate the waste…

2. Sara says:

Diva girl here too…. major learning curve, but I learned to really LOVE it!!

3. I am also a cloth pad and diva cup devotee. I began using them after the birth of my second because everything changed about my period after the birth of my first. I learned that paper products were causing me more problems and they were exacerbated post partum. In fact, cloth pads were the inspiration to begin going paper-free for everything in our household. The only thing vetoed by my husband was toilet paper.

4. LAS says:

These are not organic and the fabric is chemical dyes. Yuck, who would buy this?!

5. jaltucher says:

I'm going to be the one guy to post a comment on this article. But this is the best title for any article ever! Enjoy the party.

6. SriDTMc says:

i am not the targeted audience of this article.
    however, i wholeheartedly support anything that helps empower and bring comfort and joy to women.
    empowered women empower me. Joy!

7. [...] “spiritual materialism,” “duality” and “ego” randomly in conversation at work or at parties and get ready to laugh your ass off. They’ll seriously have no clue. Sad. And it’s best not to [...]

8. I’ve gone ahead and bookmarked Party in My Pants! | elephant journal on digg. I like the article. Will be back later to take another look.