Children crave your attention? Give it to them.
- Ditch the make-up: chances are you look nicer without it and your skin will be happier.
- Accept a messy house. (Not a dirty house.)
- Find some funky hats or scarves for those bad hair days.
- Eliminate the television or put a cloth over it.
- Wear comfortable clothes for plenty of movement, turn on some music and boogie!
- Involve children in cooking – They can chop or grate vegetables, mix ingredients, taste test.
- Involve children in laundry – Show them how to load the washing machine and set aside a certain day for “family folding.”
- Involve children in cleaning – Using nontoxic products like vinegar and water, give them a water bottle and cloth and let them polish cabinet doors, windows and furniture.
- Eliminate a schedule (as often as possible), embrace flowing in the moment. – Outside of work or school, try to keep obligations and activities to a minimum or eliminate them all together for a while. Think simple activities: bubbles, chalk, dancing, singing, coloring, nature walks.
- Sit and be with your children, they will thank you!
How do you simplify life, enjoy your children and let yourself become more available to them?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 302 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 159 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 363 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 951 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,100 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 494 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,085 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,359 shares How we can Rewrite our Stories after Loving a Narcissist. 1,072 share