We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out. ~Ray Bradbury
Ajna chakra essential questions:
Do I trust my intuition?
What behavior and thought patterns can I identify in my life?
What inspires me?
What beliefs do I have that cause me to judge another person negatively?
What would I like to know more about?
6th chakra thoughts: Soak up knowledge, add experience, get wisdom. Everyone is a teacher. Pay close attention. The precious people in our lives — from parents to partners to passersby — are mirrors for the best and worst in us. Be thankful for them. Listen to your intuition. Turn your attention inward. Moment to moment, as much as possible, follow your natural flow of energy: sleep when tired; eat when hungry; dance when you feel like it. Don’t fight to be something other than you are.
6th chakra poem:
living in questions.
How can I unfold?
What if I don’t grasp?
What if it doesn’t matter what happens?
Who is my best self, after all?
What is my intention for this day?
No plans, no goals.
Can I stay open?
Can I let my heart keep shining?
How do I practice metta + mindfulness?
What is life but motion from moment to moment?
- The element of ajna chakra is LIGHT, so practicing in natural light helps balance and heal this chakra. Pay attention to the amount of light in your home and adjust it for your needs. Less light brings coziness; more lifts drudgery. Spend a few minutes paying attention to sunlight through trees.
- Strengthening exercises for the eyes. For example, pretend like you are looking at an internal clock face and hold your eyes 3-5 seconds at each number.
- Keep a dream journal; write in it first thing each morning.
- Gentle supported forward bends such as lying over a bolster in balasana (child’s pose).
- Kundalini Rising Meditation
Imagine by John Lennon
Within You Without You by The Beatles
Redemption Song by Bob Marley
See-Line Woman by Nina Simone
Do You Realize? by The Flaming Lips
Third eye chakra literature:
Rediscovering Joy and Creativity in your Daily Life by Benjamin Riggs
Opening the Chakras
Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain
Grace and Grit by Ken Wilbur
Cutting through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trongpa
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 526 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 9 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,546 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,331 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 733 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,512 share These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,162 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,031 shares