High School Student discovers Solution to Global Warming.

Via on Jun 17, 2011

High School student dreams up solution to Global Warming!

Climate Change Averted! Use more electricity by ACing the whole planet! Brilliant.

Sample comment:

I propose that, instead of wasting electricity on giant air conditioners, we balance the climate properly. We create a giant ice cube and drop it into the ocean to counteract global warming. If it gets worse, we’ll just make a bigger ice cube each season.

She’s thought about this before:

YouTube Preview Image

About Waylon Lewis

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

7 Responses to “High School Student discovers Solution to Global Warming.”

1. elephantjournal says:

#
    Jarret Voytilla its disgusting how poorly educated some people are

#
    Stephanie ૐ Petra At first I was like, LOL :D
    Then I realized she wasn't kidding and I was like O.O
    And then I thought about the future of the planet because of geniuses like her, and I was like :/

#
    Amanda Stephens Dislike. I think you've been unfair to her, showing her up like this, broadcasting her globally.

#
    elephantjournal.com Amanda, the video was posted by her father, and yes could be a bit cruel…but we've chosen just to respect the childlike innocence and humor in it. There's nothing in what I said, I hope, that bespeaks of mean-ness! It's okay, we're all silly! At least she's thinking about solutions! ~ W.

2. metalbuddha says:

That was my first thought: At least she's trying to think of solutions rather than not giving a shit…no matter how ridiculous it may be.

3. Emma says:

She has clearly copied this off the Futurama episode ‘None like it hot’. (*rolls eyes)

4. Kai Coggin says:

What was your point in posting this? As a high school English Teacher, I was excited at the possibility that a teenager could have come up with something that her more "intelligent" elders had not yet thought of. Instead, I am disappointed at this video. More so, I am disappointed in the lack of discernment and sense of responsibility that you have in spreading it. It is obvious that the person filming her did not have the intention of putting her in a good light. Nor do you.

5. Lisa says:

I must respectfully agree with Kai – while I love elephant journal for its wide variety of articles (including those with a very humorous angle), I don't understand the point in posting this. Conversation can be sparked in ways other than putting someone in a dark light.

6. Jack says:

Ditto for me…:(

7. [...] In fact, I still do. Amazing Spider-man, Uncanny X-men, The Dark Knight — from the first panel frame to the last double-page full bleed, I’ve been hooked. As a child, I spent hours in the comic book section of the mall, disappearing into worlds where super powered aliens in red and blue tights were the social norm. But at a certain age I was expected to view comic book archetypes as “silly” and unrealistic. If I showed any interest in cultivating my love of comic books, I ran the risk of being shunned by the majority of my social group (ah, high school). [...]