365 Days of Make up in One Day on Famous Model. {Video}

Via on Jul 7, 2011

365 Days of Makeup in One Day:

Illusion can be romantic, true—or it can signal a lack of acceptance of our simple selves—and a caking of chemicals that’s unhealthy, and unkissable. “Stars without makeup: The real face of fame.”

Bonus: More attractive without make up? Photos of stars.

Make up: don’t do it to yourself. It’s not kissable. It’s not healthy for you, or your planet.

Lernert & Sander: Natural Beauty on Nowness.com.

About elephant journal

16 Responses to “365 Days of Make up in One Day on Famous Model. {Video}”

1. Heather OMara says:

That was needlessly wasteful.

2. Diana Mercer diana says:

that's why we don't use it all on one day – kind of like underwear, or toothpaste.

3. Diana Mercer diana says:

use natural products.

4. ARCreated says:

Not sure I get this one…I personally don't wear a lot of makeup and what I do use are natural products…but like the above post this is something we are washing off? and this doesn't get to the point of chemicals (or maybe it did at the end but for me I gave up watching it, as it seemed silly)

5. [...] use some more of that old-timey hipster and sharp-dressed pro look—well at least we ain’t coating our faces in make up and throwing on forgettable Ross Dress for Less power suits. Click here for the 19 other [...]

6. Erin says:

Total bullshit. Let's stop using soap everyday as well…it is what it is. What a waste of time and product. Pick a better cause.

7. Sara Young Sara Young says:

This is so depressing. The act of covering ourselves to be "acceptable" is so ingrained in us that we do not see the problem. I am not a china doll. I don't have perfect skin, but I don't wear make up for a million reasons that all add up to this. I am enough without it. thanks so much for posting this video.

8. [...] for huge: > Here’s what a year’s worth of makeup (literally) will do to your [...]

9. Happylucky says:

What a strange, bewildering video. I have no idea what point as being made. Anti make-up? Anti too much make-up? Anti make up every day? Anti chemicals? Anti the 'inauthentic self'. I couldn't tell. Did this inspire me to use less make-up? Not at all. This was just weird!

10. [...] 20 years of being cruelty-free, companies like Mary Kay, Avon and Estee Lauder are once again testing on [...]

11. Kelly says:

Is this supposed to make me feel bad for wearing makeup? I wash it off every night. That was a waste of time and frankly, pointless.

12. Deb says:

I don't get it. There are cruelty free cosmetics and, as others have pointed out, we take off every night – this video doesn't make sense. Now, if you emphasized the cruelty that goes in to the production of most cosmetics or the beauty imperative that insists women are only beautiful IF they where cosmetics, that would be relevant and useful.

13. I love wearing makeup. Women have been using it to enhance their beauty for ages – just think of Cleopatra. It doesn't signal a lack of self-acceptance. It's about taking pride in your appearance. One could argue that a woman who doesn't wear makeup is afraid to be seen. To each his own.

14. Jenny says:

I agree. This is absurd. I enjoy wearing make up, and will continue to do so. I will also continue to brush my teeth, shave my pits, wear perfume and high heels! I will also love myself, do yoga, donate to the Wildlife Conservation Society and eat quinoa. I am ok with it, and everyone else should be too. If they're not, well then no one is making them put on foundation. I don't judge them for their decision, and I certainly don't think I am deserving of judgement for mine.