Welcome friends, please check that your smart-phone is turned ON for meditation practice.
Check out these free meditation and mindfulness apps to aid your practices.
Zazen Lite -Zen Meditation Timer & Mindfulness Bell By Nathan Hangen
- This app has a meditation timer you can set to any amount at 5 minute intervals. There are two “sound” choices, both decently pleasant. Also included is a mindfulness bell that can be set to intervals of up to 1 hour, or to play at specific times. Quite user friendly!
Insight Timer Lite – Meditation Timer By Spotlight Six Software
- My personal favorite timer has by far (IMO) the best sound (kangse or woodblock tones). Again, user friendly with options to set practice intervals.
myMeditation Lite By BLT Helps
- The free version of this app is fairly restricted. The time intervals are limited to 3, 11, or 33 minutes. This app offers a different layout for a meditation session, including a time interval for pranayama.
Daily Zen Enlightenment By FS Digital
- Quick! Inspiring Buddhist quotes are a touch-pad away with this free app offering a daily quote and access to “past” and “random” Buddhist passages. Ads at the top.
The Five-Minute Christian Meditation By White Buffalo Solutions
- This little app presents short meditation instructions and 4 Biblical based outlines to follow. The website offers more meditation categories to encourage your practice and prayer.
WCCM App By Adriano Massi
- An extensive offering from the World Community for Christian Meditation, this app features news and events, weekly readings and writings from Laurence Freeman and inspiration from John Main, Thomas Merton, and others.
InsightLA By MarketingProfs, LLC
- A generous offering from California based meditation center, InsightLA. This app features a super user-friendly timer, as well as news and events from the center, and a collection of meditation and mindfulness focused audio, including Dharma talks.
Wisdom Quotes By Matias Lanzi
- Another quote quick fix app! Good collection, easy and pleasant interface. “What you seek is seeking you.” -Rumi
SotoTimer By Erwin van Hunen
- Another timer with a few different options. Various sessions can be defined, and there is a vibration alternative to sound. I found this one a little confusing, but may be applicable to someone’s practice.
Have another spiritually related app that you like? Share below in the comments!
Elephant Spirituality is an example of Elephant Journal’s commitment to the Mindful Life. We look to provide a fresh and practical perspective on traditional spirituality. If you would like to follow Elephant Spirituality on FaceBook click here and become a fan of Elephant Spirituality by clicking the “Like” tab at the top of the page.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,360 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017’s First Full Moon in Cancer: Everything we Want is on the Other Side of Fear. 22,482 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 8,954 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 1,940 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,285 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,208 shares The Power of Saying “He’s just Not into Me.” 1,755 share How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 134 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,692 share