This is all based on the presumption that I actually have something to teach these kids!
The fact is, there’s a lot more to be learned from children. Wisdom and practical life lessons don’t necessarily come from me, they happen in front of me.
We could all learn the keys to living a simple and joyful life by observing kids as they play with one another and interact with the world around them.
Simple Life Lessons Children Can Teach Us:
- Sometimes you just have to dance.
- It’s ok to color outside of the lines
- Laugh out loud
- Ask lots of questions because that’s how you learn
- Believe that anything and everything is possible: DREAM BIG!
- Love unconditionally
- Be fearless
- Live in the moment
- Share your toys
- Don’t hit
- Hold hands
- Too much ice cream (or too much of anything) can give you a stomach ache
- Hug it out
- Get messy. Run through sprinklers, play in mud, finger paint
- Take a nap
- Make time for playtime
- We could all use a good cry every once in a while
- play fair
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.