This is all based on the presumption that I actually have something to teach these kids!
The fact is, there’s a lot more to be learned from children. Wisdom and practical life lessons don’t necessarily come from me, they happen in front of me.
We could all learn the keys to living a simple and joyful life by observing kids as they play with one another and interact with the world around them.
Simple Life Lessons Children Can Teach Us:
- Sometimes you just have to dance.
- It’s ok to color outside of the lines
- Laugh out loud
- Ask lots of questions because that’s how you learn
- Believe that anything and everything is possible: DREAM BIG!
- Love unconditionally
- Be fearless
- Live in the moment
- Share your toys
- Don’t hit
- Hold hands
- Too much ice cream (or too much of anything) can give you a stomach ache
- Hug it out
- Get messy. Run through sprinklers, play in mud, finger paint
- Take a nap
- Make time for playtime
- We could all use a good cry every once in a while
- play fair
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.