This is all based on the presumption that I actually have something to teach these kids!
The fact is, there’s a lot more to be learned from children. Wisdom and practical life lessons don’t necessarily come from me, they happen in front of me.
We could all learn the keys to living a simple and joyful life by observing kids as they play with one another and interact with the world around them.
Simple Life Lessons Children Can Teach Us:
- Sometimes you just have to dance.
- It’s ok to color outside of the lines
- Laugh out loud
- Ask lots of questions because that’s how you learn
- Believe that anything and everything is possible: DREAM BIG!
- Love unconditionally
- Be fearless
- Live in the moment
- Share your toys
- Don’t hit
- Hold hands
- Too much ice cream (or too much of anything) can give you a stomach ache
- Hug it out
- Get messy. Run through sprinklers, play in mud, finger paint
- Take a nap
- Make time for playtime
- We could all use a good cry every once in a while
- play fair
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 624 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 3 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,078 share Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 2,610 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 1,011 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,345 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share If you Want Him, you must Claim Him. 773 shares