What your Home Address Number says about you.

Via on Sep 15, 2011

My house number could explain my lack of ambition…

I just consulted an online psychic who does something akin to astrology…for houses…based on your house address number.

It sounds kinda kooky, but the reading for my own house (and the people who live here) was spot-on. This caused me to look up the house numbers for my family and friends and it seemed to perfectly describe the house’s residents about 4 out of 5 times.

His name is Milton Black and he is the self-proclaimed Leading Astrologer and Psychic in Australia. You basically add up your street address numbers, one at a time, until the sum is a one digit number. My house is a 6 and it says that “There is usually very little ambition or drive here because the occupants are too content with their lot,” and “making decisions in this house can become a painful and laborious process”.

Check it out and see if you find it accurate for your house and it’s inhabitants. I’d love to hear what you think.

It turns out that scientists (and insurance companies) in Canada and the U.K. have studied the effect of your house number on the likelihood that you will sell your house for more money (ends in 4) win the lottery (70 or 99) or be burglarized (88). I found this article in Realty Times that explains the stats, but I am sticking with the psychic for now.

I’ve been looking for an excuse for my indecision—but not that hard, apparently.

About Liz Benson

Liz Benson is a Realtor/EcoBroker with Colorado Landmark Realtors based in Boulder, CO. She is also Mom to a lovely teenage daughter and an energetic border collie. When not juggling those duties, she enjoys travel, riding her vintage cruiser and DIY home improvements.

10 Responses to “What your Home Address Number says about you.”

1. elephantjournal says:

I tried it! It was right on! And I don't believe in any of this stuff. Fun! ~ Waylon

2. Sara says:

Hmm….I'll have to tes this out. Will report back.

3. adendino says:

Not sure I understand how to do the math. My house # is 3396. How do I do it???

4. Jenifer says:

i tried it and . . . eh, not so much. aspects of it were right, but most of it was not accurate to how i perceive myself or our work. That is, i do not have issues with money, keep reality at bay, or live in fantasy worlds.

We are creatives, our house appears bigger/smaller than it seems, and has issues with water heating. LOL We are also spiritual people, and it says that spiritual people live in our number.

So, win some, loose some.

5. Reader says:

Mine is a 6 too… and I have decision-making issues as well. Time to move?

6. Kathy Skaggs says:

Amusing, but I didn't get that OMG this is uncanny! response that I might get from, oh, say, looking at the phase of the moon I was born under: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/375798/t:)

7. It was right on for my current house and my last house, but it also seemed general enough that most people could make it fit. So…I guess it was interesting, but I'm still a little skeptical;)

8. helen says:

my house has a name, no number.

9. Monica says:

I do believe some people are very gifted at this type of thing. In this case the description for nine I didn't find anything that sounded familiar:) It was fun though:)