Whether or not you are following a martial path of spiritual cultivation, these precepts are wonderful food for contemplation. They are borrowed directly from oral teachings of Acharya Dharmanidhi, founder of Adi Yoga and Trika Institute, which are both schools for the preservation and dissemination of classical, Non-dual Shaivist Tantra (NST).
The Path of the Spiritual Warrior
1. Selflessness – the path beyond the self
2. Loyalty – the path beyond preference
3. Self-control – the path to spontaneous freedom
4. Gentleness – the path to sensitivity
5. Detachment – the path to wisdom
6. Fearlessness – the path to the full freshness of each moment
7. Impeccability – the path beyond sleep/dullness
8. Cultivation of Spirit – the path of expressing inherent luminosity
9. Dedication – the path of commitment
10. Honor – the path of Vajra Pride
*Fruit/goal: Stillness in action and action in stillness.
These precepts are shared in great gratitude for the efforts of those brave spiritual warriors who have had the courage to cut through the jungle of mental complications, revealing their True Heart of wisdom and compassion, keeping alive authentic dharma traditions. May all beings be free. May all beings happy. May all beings be at peace. May all beings know love.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 626 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 4 shares Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 2,889 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,082 share Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 1,011 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,380 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,392 share If you Want Him, you must Claim Him. 773 shares