(Holy Wow Mother of God)

Via on Nov 3, 2011

Murmuration

by Sophie Windsor Clive

~
“A chance encounter and shared moment with one of natures greatest and most fleeting phenomena.”

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

27 Responses to “(Holy Wow Mother of God)”

1. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Utterly beautiful. What a wonderful world…

2. Jason Gan says:

Chaos theory at work

3. Charles says:

That's absolutely incredible! But the addition of the musical track is appalling. It completely drowns out the beautiful sounds of the birds, the waves, and the astonished women watching the whole thing. It's like adding ketchup to a perfect fillet.

4. Evan Ravitz says:

I saw this on a bike trip in Chiapas, Mexico once. It's overwhelming.

5. Keren says:

Loved this! The music worked for me, like watching a dance choreography!

6. Rae says:

I'm… pretty sure that's fake. Beautiful, but fake.

• Tulasi-Priya says:

@Rae: On what do you base this opinion? I had the thrill of actually seeing something like this just a week ago, only on a smaller scale. Not everything that's visually amazing is the product of CGI.

7. Connie says:

Gratitude for your post of this, Waylon! I started my morning, well, not exactly started, but did view this after my morning routines and experienced elation at seeing this Mother Nature phenomenon; I've seen small fishes do a similar thing and also make a whirling "ball" to avoid being eaten by larger fish, i.e. sharks, tuna, ect. …but this is just simply beautiful flight….and I really loved the music !

8. I thought the music worked wonderfully, and a song selected was in perfect sync with what was happening. Maybe they should have made the volume of the music slightly lower though, so the ambient sounds could burst forth.

9. Martha says:

I was watching this bird behavior just this evening here in the Pacific Northwest , it was a much smaller flock of starlings and I have seen it in larger flocks but nothing like this ! amazing….and I think the music is fine….

10. guest says:

this is amazing..I hope I get to see this life one day. Nature is incredible sometimes (and my sense of wonder increased exponentially when I became an atheist.-so the title doesn't apply ;) )

11. Capri says:

oh wow i feel like i should just watch that if i ever feel……. disconnected!

12. Mitoshi says:

The music reminded me of a boss battle.
    They should have fought all them for the exp.

13. Bear says:

Who is the artist of the song, and what is it called?

14. kaia says:

it's not fake………. and the music was amazing. I actually found it added to it and I felt full on emotion while watching it.. that feeling of total connection and awe for nature.. the perfection of it all. THANK YOU for creating this. <3

15. veloyogi says:

Yes, thanks for sharing…I witness this often here in Sonoma, perhaps smaller flocks of birds…over the vineyards especially. Oneness! Barbra

16. ben6berry says:

This happens for days at a time in my back yard in Michigan USA. It will happen a few times a year.

17. mee says:

were you afraid of getting pooped on?

18. lauraplumb says:

Life is so awesome!

19. greateacher says:

Good Morning! Thank you so much! The greatness of lifes miracles makes each day an open door to more.

20. Kris Lord says:

Magic. I think I would cry at the beauty of it in person!

21. Heather Grimes Heather Grimes says:

I just saw this video for the first time—someone shared it on Facebook.
    My heart jumped into my throat. I feel like I saw God.