How to Occupy Wall Street from home. Brilliant & easy.

Via on Nov 19, 2011

I just did this!

YouTube Preview Image

About S.V. Pillay

S.V. Pillay is a former high school English teacher and current freelance writer in the great city of Chicago. She enjoys writing about religion, spirituality, art, endangered species, the environment, and social justice. She is American by birth (want to see her birth certificate?), South Indian by DNA, a student of yoga, and a proud Generation X’er. She prefers interactions with real human beings as opposed to social networking. And although she owns her share of MP3s, she still listens to records, tapes, and Cds. S.V. Pillay is currently working on her debut novel, a book of poetry, and a bunch of short stories. Click here to follow her on Twitter. Click here to read more stuff.

15 Responses to “How to Occupy Wall Street from home. Brilliant & easy.”

1. Maureen Tary ananda says:

Thanks for sharing this, Sunita. Terrific idea.

2. Love this Sunita! What a great idea!

3. Karen Eliot says:

Do we know that the banks pay more for more weight, or is it a flat rate?

I have been doing this but it seems to me that abusing it is merely going to be an excuse to kill off the post office — so exercise some discretion please :)

4. Maria says:

at least the USPS gets paid for the postage and, let's face it, they need all the business they can get.

5. ldewainerester says:

outstanding. i will do this with glee

6. Glue the envelope to a brick!

7. Janice says:

I have been doing this for years after First USA/JPMorgan Chase laid me off in 2002. I used to see all the bins in the area where I worked and it hit me that they pay for all the return postage. I think it is brilliant if I say so myself.

8. Nia says:

why cant students just sit a semester out and not pay for one semester and books for one semester?

9. alex says:

you people are idiots

10. rcn says:

According to rule 917.243(b) in the Domestic Mail Manual, when a business reply card is "improperly used as a label" — e.g., when it's affixed to a brick — the item so labeled may be treated as "waste." That means the post office can toss it in the trash without further ado. Consequently all that happens is the expense is absorbed by the Post Office, not the banks.