1) Be patient.
2) Slow down.
3) Pay attention.
4) Make thoughtful choices.
5) Stay grounded by reminding yourself of what’s in your personal toolbox. (breathing, yoga, running, hiking, reading, photography,etc.)
6) Every hour take 2-minutes to be mindful and pay attention to your breath by noticing steady, rhythmic inhales and exhales.
7) Practice a systematic relaxation method – i.e. Yoga Nidra, guided meditation.
8) Maximize your exposure to the positive things in life! Take time to do something today that you’ve been wanting to do, but have not made the time for: call an old friend, take a walk in nature, sit and read a good book (with a nice cup of tea), practice yoga, see a documentary film on a topic you are passionate about, journal, take a nap, spend time with someone whose company you thoroughly enjoy.
9) Get sufficient sleep at night. And if you don’t – practice Yoga Nidra the next day or take a nap.
10) Schedule time to both be with those you love, and who love you unconditionally.
11) Take time for to be alone.
12) Consider what you are grateful for.
13) Be compassionate.
14) Practice forgiveness.
15) Be filled with loving-kindness.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,377 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,453 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,018 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 7,618 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 6,928 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 151 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,239 shares You’ve Ruined Me for Anyone Else. 1,735 share The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,821 share