2) Slow down.
3) Pay attention.
4) Make thoughtful choices.
5) Stay grounded by reminding yourself of what’s in your personal toolbox. (breathing, yoga, running, hiking, reading, photography,etc.)
6) Every hour take 2-minutes to be mindful and pay attention to your breath by noticing steady, rhythmic inhales and exhales.
7) Practice a systematic relaxation method – i.e. Yoga Nidra, guided meditation.
8) Maximize your exposure to the positive things in life! Take time to do something today that you’ve been wanting to do, but have not made the time for: call an old friend, take a walk in nature, sit and read a good book (with a nice cup of tea), practice yoga, see a documentary film on a topic you are passionate about, journal, take a nap, spend time with someone whose company you thoroughly enjoy.
9) Get sufficient sleep at night. And if you don’t – practice Yoga Nidra the next day or take a nap.
10) Schedule time to both be with those you love, and who love you unconditionally.
11) Take time for to be alone.
12) Consider what you are grateful for.
13) Be compassionate.
14) Practice forgiveness.
15) Be filled with loving-kindness.
hot on elephant
Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. Join: Elephant’s Fall 2016 Academy. The Ones who have been Badly Hurt Love the Hardest. The Sadist—the Darkest Personality Disorder. What every Empath must Know before they Date. These Kinds of Friendships aren’t Meant to Last Forever. To Have our Needs Met—Without Apology. What we’re Actually Searching for when we Run Away.