What the Hell are we Doing Here?

Via on Feb 16, 2012
Social Media... What For?

“Where’s My Guru” asks us the question “What are you using social media for?”

Hope I got the question right. They ask that we answer in video form, and I like that, so I did. Here, have a look and then we’ll chat after.

Lets start with providing you, dear reader, the links mentioned in the clip.

YouTube Preview Image

That’s a link to “The Greatest Truth Never Told.” It is the overview from hell, on everything, situationwise. But you need 2 hours. Bookmark it and take it in small doses, I say.  Thanks to Linda Morelli, no slouch herself, for sharing that rascal this morning.

This little number on milk and why to run for the hills when someone is dimwitted enough to set a glass before you is probably worth a peek.

So, you think you’ve got a clue. Sounds good on mental paper: I applaud the thought. Any truth to it?

Want to have a deeper look into the validity of that thought, my love my love? Just delve over here and see where your thinking might be of less-than primary consideration, as Bob shines his mental flashlight on the Gita for us, providing wonder and humility with careful editing, painstaking sifts, filters, and validity lotion lovingly applied.

Lastly, a seriously amusing video clip or two, this first one busting right into the heart of why to stop eating meat forever, with, I promise,

no gross footage only beautiful stuff that will make you laugh and cry.

YouTube Preview Image

Wondering how the hell to give yourself a haircut? Click here and get amused and educated by our own Meghan Currie. So anyway. Social Media. What for? For laughs which ignite our imaginations. For love that looks like symbols placed across a backlit screen. For learning and opening myself up to things you guys researched while I was sleeping. Or just for looking deep into your soul, if you are open and digging and sharing that stuff. For sharing with you what lights me up today. Ok I’m getting AWAY from this computer now.

About Karl Saliter

Karl is a circus artist sculptor yoga teacher writer miscreant gypsy, living in Mexico. He often feels as if he was born under a silver whale of a frisbee moon in the back of a red cartoon pickup truck, careening down route 66 at speed, that he somehow took the wheel, stuck his baby elbow out the rolled-down window, and decided to roll with it, and that though the truck had awesome chrome mirrors, he never looked back. He hopes you sometimes feel the same.

16 Responses to “What the Hell are we Doing Here?”

1. mysticriverlinda says:

Thanks Karl for spreading it around! It is we who must be the revolutionaries now that the revolution is underway. We always knew this didn't we? Still haven't seen the entire 2 1/2 hour spread but will get back to it ASAP. This guy has outdone Werner Earhart in his sublime distillation of the great teachings of history which if forgotten mankind is doomed to repeat, Indeed, is repeating ad nauseam!,

2. Ka-BOOM. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Kickass and straight to the point. (I wanna sing "L.U.V. Madonna!!!!" but your name is too short_…how about "L.U.V. SALITER!!!":))

Just posted to rockstar status…I mean, "Featured Today" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage. (Hey, maybe we should do a Rockstar Status box?!)

Braja Sorensen
    Lost & Found in India
    Editor, Elephant Spirituality
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

• karlsaliter says:

Thanks Braja! I'm psyched that you like it.
      Love love love what is happening with you at the helm of Elephant Spirituality.
      Who knows where this baby is going…

3. Jessica Durivage Jessica says:

Thank you so much, Karl! Loved your video and all you are doing to spread mindfulness in our community. Stay tuned to what WIMG has coming down the pipeline… (Did I hear someone say compilation video for SXSW????)

Peace.
    Jess

4. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Beautiful Karl… so nice to put a voice to your (Gururific!) face :)
    Hmmm, which gets me thinking…

• Ben, promise me that something is coming down the pipeline from you which will inspire me to get my Paul Frank's out!

• Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Argh, you've got me by the Paul Frank's.

You know what, I've been trying to make a video for the last week, but I'm running seminars this weekend (tomorrow!) and next, and been up to my eyeballs in organizational stuff (grrrrrr).

But your mention of the PFPJ's has ensured that my video inspiration stays Hot.
        Any special request?

• karlsaliter says:

Thanks Ben, getting you thinking is what its all about, even if it is along those lines. :)
      Looking forward to seeing yours. Um, your video, I mean.

5. Tanya Lee Markul Tanya Lee Markul says:

These vids are so fun!

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
    Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

6. Eric says:

I was on Facebook for 3 years. Yes, it may be free, but we trade our privacy and personal info for the immediate gratification of virtual stimulation and vicarious living. Let's face it, a lot of people don't communicate on social media–they are voyeurs.

That said, it is an easy way to communicate with a large number of friends and family who are spread out, or getting people to attend an event. A great tool.

But, I would rather come here to EJ and support them directly; same with other websites I like. That's just a decision I made for myself. Go to the source, no middleman…."do not mistake the pointing finger for the moon".

7. maru says:

Loved it, specially your video with ideas that I have been priviliged to hear from you directly. And I am always touched for your efforts to include info that invite awareness to the animal cruelty situation, which as the video says, is the worst karmic disaster of our times… I think this is what I use social media for. If not for that cause, I would probably pass.

8. karlsaliter says:

There is a lot to be said for social media as a tool for spreading awareness.
    When your friend commented: "Thats it for me, no more milk ever" after you
    posted my http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/01/10-things-
    article and she read number eleven, something woke up in me, danced around the
    room, pumped his fist, and howled at the moon.