Thou shalt obey all 10:
1. Thou shalt lock thy knee.
2. Thou shalt stay in the room. The class is 90 minutes. Even if thou dost sit out many postures, thou shalt not leave the torture chamber.
3. Thou shalt not sport underwear as solo yoga gear. Nobody wants to see your whatnot hangin’ out. Bras and boxer briefs do not reasonable public yoga clothes make.
4. Thou shalt arrive to class hydrated. That may mean that thou dost desperately pound 64 ounces of water in under ten minutes a hour before class, but thou oughta know such behavior is better than nothing.
5. Thou shalt not be scared when thy “back hurts like hell.” Thou may find this ridiculous and counterintuitive. Thou art correct. Nevertheless, faithful servant, go with it.
6. Thou shalt sweat rivers and delight in thine own perspiration.
7. Thou shalt move with the group.
8. Thou shalt keep thy mouth shut during class and breathe through thy nose or thou shalt be called out and shamed for mouth-breathing.
9. Thou shalt come back tomorrow. In Bikram yoga, consecutive classes is a thing, just so thou knowest.
10. Thou shalt lock thy knee. I, the Lord your Guru, wasn’t kidding about that. Lock your effing knee already.
Like this? “Like” elephant funny on Facebook.
Editor: Kate Bartolotta.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 342 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 954 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,369 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 497 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,241 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,472 shares How we can Rewrite our Stories after Loving a Narcissist. 1,075 share