Mitt Romney & Reality.

Via on Apr 10, 2012
Photo via flickr.com by Maassive

reality

noun \rē-ˈa-lə-tē\

1. : the quality or state of being real
  2. a (1): a real event, entity, or state of affairs <his dream became a reality> (2): the totality of real things and events <trying to escape from reality> b: something that is neither derivative nor dependent but exists necessarily
  3. : television programming that features videos of actual occurrences (as a police chase, stunt, or natural disaster) —often used attributively <reality TV>

And here’s Mitt (vs. Obama).

He said, he said…

The President has pledged to “transform America,” and he has spent the last four years laying the foundation for a new Government-Centered Society. ~ Mitt Romney

I have never been somebody who believes that government can or should try to solve every problem. ~ President Obama

~

He saw free enterprise as the villain and not the solution. ~ Mitt Romney

I believe deeply that the free market is the greatest force for economic progress in human history. ~ President Obama

~

When you attack business and vilify success, you’re going to have less business and less success. ~ Mitt Romney

I know that the true engine of job creation in this country is the private sector, not Washington. ~ President Obama

~

… tax increases become not only a necessity, but also a desired tool for social justice. ~ Mitt Romney

I’ve cut taxes for small business owners 17 times over the last three years. ~ President Obama

~

… government spending always increase because…well why not? ~ Mitt Romney

As President I’ve eliminated dozens of programs that weren’t working. And put annual domestic spending on a path to become the smallest share of the economy since Dwight Eisenhower held this office. ~ President Obama

~

If we become one of those societies that attack success, one outcome is certain — there will be a lot less success. ~ Mitt Romney

In this country broad based prosperity has never trickled down from the success of a wealthy few. It has always come from the success of a strong and growing middle class. ~ President Obama

~

We’ll stop the days of apologizing for success at home and never again apologize for America abroad. ~ Mitt Romney

I have no doubt that we will continue our long and prosperous journey as the greatest nation on Earth. Thank you. God bless you. God bless the United States of America. ~ President Obama

Whether or not Mitt’s the GOP nominee, the Presidential debates should be interesting. No?

About Lynn Hasselberger

Lynn Hasselberger lives in Chicagoland with her son, husband and two cats. She loves sunrises, running, yoga, chocolate, and NYR, and has a voracious appetite for comedy. In her spare time, she blogs at myEARTH360.com and LynnHasselberger.com. A "Green Diva" and social media addict, you'll most likely find Lynn on twitter (@LynnHasselbrgr & @myEARTH360) and facebook. She hopes to make the world a better place, have more fun, re-develop her math skills and overcome her fear of public speaking. Like her writing? Subscribe to her posts.

603 views

16 Responses to “Mitt Romney & Reality.”

1. oz_ says:

For the life of me, I don't understand why Americans – of all political persuasions – continue to believe anything that comes out of politicians' mouths. These men and women are professional liars, paid and rewarded based on how readily they distort the truth, how glibly they misrepresent reality. Yet every 4 years, I watch, aghast, as once again, people rush to swallow the same tired old lies.

As Ambrose Bierce so aptly put it over a century ago:

"You can effect a change of robbers every four years. Inestimable privilege to pull off the glutted leech and attach the lean one! And you cannot even choose among the lean leeches, but must accept those designated by the programmers and showmen who have the reptiles on tap."

Honestly, with regard to national politicians, I think we'd be better off following the advice of Alexander Solzhenitsyn, who developed this handy saying that helped him to survive the gulag:

"Don't believe them, don't fear them, don't ask anything of them."

Now all that said, I have to admit that Romney is the silliest, least credible presidential candidate I've ever seen ('corporations are people, too, friend' – I mean, you can't make this stuff up!) – even moreso that Bush, and I didn't think that one could be surpassed. It's almost as though someone were pushing to see just how far they could take it – how far they could go before the American public would balk. Almost has the flavor of a practical joke, doesn't it? What's next – an iguana on the ballot?

2. RC. says:

Democrat or Republican, we're all doomed.. Just sayin…

3. Eric Duerksen says:

Yes politicians are always self serving….It's the nature of the beast….But given that, lets at least vote for intelligence and compassion…and there can be no doubt that when it comes to itelligence Obama is Romney's superior any which way you look at it…and with little intelligence come little compassion which Mitt clearly demomstartes.

4. jmk says:

reptilian

5. Dana says:

I’ve always appreciated that elephant journal is not political. I very much enjoy the inspirational posts but I just can’t swallow this one because it seems pointless. Reality is based on action. If you are a truth seeker, you will see that in reality both parties of the political American machine do not speak the truth. Obama is a great speaker but like any politician, their words often contradict the policies they enact.

Every four years open minded spiritual intellectuals fall for the same eloquent spoken words of the Democratic candidate without ever holding them accountable for the policies they support. I’m not Republican; I’m not Democrat, I’m Awake. My hope for anyone supporting Obama because he says all the things you like to hear is that they open their mind and seek the truth.

6. guest says:

Dear USians, please don't vote for Romney. Obama may not be perfect but clearly the better choice! Thanks.

7. Julie says:

Lame post for sure, let's stick to yoga and forward thoughts. Keep politics out of elephant journal.