Looking for some reasons that biking is good for our communities and the planet? We pulled together 10 good reasons to get on a bike.
- Women who bike 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Bike commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters.
- Forty-seven percent of Americans say they would like more bike facilities in their communities.
- Traffic congestion wastes nearly three billion gallons of gas per year in the U.S.
- For every one mile pedaled rather than driven, about one pound of CO² is saved.
For the full list of 10, head on over to EcoSalon.
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 535 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 9 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 28 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,547 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 779 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 6,407 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,254 share How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,518 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 3,075 shares