Looking for some reasons that biking is good for our communities and the planet? We pulled together 10 good reasons to get on a bike.
- Women who bike 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Bike commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters.
- Forty-seven percent of Americans say they would like more bike facilities in their communities.
- Traffic congestion wastes nearly three billion gallons of gas per year in the U.S.
- For every one mile pedaled rather than driven, about one pound of CO² is saved.
For the full list of 10, head on over to EcoSalon.
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. The Day I Stopped Running. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. Overcoming the Storm by Becoming the Storm. A Toast to PTSD: The Solution Starts with One Question.