Looking for some reasons that biking is good for our communities and the planet? We pulled together 10 good reasons to get on a bike.
- Women who bike 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Bike commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters.
- Forty-seven percent of Americans say they would like more bike facilities in their communities.
- Traffic congestion wastes nearly three billion gallons of gas per year in the U.S.
- For every one mile pedaled rather than driven, about one pound of CO² is saved.
For the full list of 10, head on over to EcoSalon.
Editor: Brianna Bemel