Via
on May 29, 2012
get elephant's newsletter
Photo: Michael Julian Berz

If I am going to act like a goddess, I want a man who acts like a god.

Yet all this talk lately of the goddess and the Divine Feminine seems like new-age wishful thinking, a fantasy archetype with as much to do with real life as Superwoman or the Fairy God Mother.

couple

While goddess propagandists promote the unilateral concept of a spiritually elevated womanhood—strong but supple, decisive and nurturing, wild yet wise—glaringly absent is a call to the Sacred Masculine counterpoint. Women can forever rally around each other, cheerleading new heights of intuitive and open-hearted power, but without the cooperation of menfolk stealing their own fire from the gods, we are preaching to the sistah choir.

Bottomline? Organizing a spiritual revolution as women without inviting men to the front lines with us means we are orchestrating a collective reframe with only half the available power. Real change means humanity—yes both genders—opts for the cosmic upgrade to Divine Class together.

So, on behalf of the X chromosome, here is my invitation to mortal men who wish to dance as gods with wanna-be goddesses.

1. Show us your heroic heart. We know you want to save what is worth saving and to rescue this planet from peril. Wage a hero’s battle against poverty, needless strife, environmental ruin or whatever stirs your courageous heart. It might be a plan to increase your neighborhood safety, to improve your child’s education, to plant a vegetable garden in your backyard or to stop prejudice wherever you see it. The world needs your brave heart to take bold action.

2. Unsheathe your sword. As a man, you wield a sword of truth that can cut through cultural distractions to what really matters. The faster car, the better sports team, the bigger salary are all fine and dandy but on your deathbed, what unfulfilled vision will you regret the most? What risk did you back away from? What chance did you refuse to take? Before you die, be bold enough to discover and live your truth.

3. Dare to dream. Before you played the role of mortal, you (well, we) created the heavens and earth. What do you wish to create here and now? What beautiful order do you wish to bring forth from the chaos of this world. What implausible dream do you want to manifest for the greater good of all? It doesn’t have to be grand, like solving world hunger. It can be simple, like solving your child’s homework problem because you are dedicated to being a great father. All we care about is that something brings you alive with passion.

4. Steer the ship. Aim your life for a noble horizon. It’s not like there’s a second in command who will captain your destiny while you snooze on the sofa after too many beers and potato chips with the TV droning in the background. Get to the helm of your life and navigate by your own pole star, the true north of your heart’s burning desire. Tip: if you don’t know what port you’re headed for, no wind is favorable.

5. Bring your soul to work. Work for more than the mortgage and car payments—work because you find some measure of joy in your job. And if the job is just to make ends meet for now, then meet that employment with gratitude and a call to service. Know that it’s not what you do, but what you bring to what you do, that matters.

6. Care deeply. As a man, you might have been taught to feel lightly and think hard, to hold your emotions back, as if you can build a dam against what naturally must flow. But your caring is what this world cries for. The tender-hearted masculine is both wise and merciful. When you weep, you give women permission to be strong. When your heart breaks we want to know it so that we can heal it together.

7. Love fearlessly. Show us the way by standing firm when we are in a beautiful rage. Don’t run from our fury—after all it might contain magical wisdom. In the gale force of feminine anger, your calm is a powerful reminder that we are met and accepted by our beloved partner.

8. Ravish your woman. Every now and then, take her wholeheartedly, without apology. Press her against a wall and bind her with your kisses. Possess your goddess, oh great god that you are, and then let her possess you. Polarity is a potent nectar and the current runs both ways.

9. Slay your demons. We all have them, the dark part of our hearts, the crevices where our fear and loathing hideout. Notice what keeps you awake at night and stalk it. Hunt your darkness and drag it into the light for loving and healing.

10. Leave your mark. Don’t settle for a fleeting cameo in which your appearance in this kingdom is so quickly forgotten. What do you want your children to say about you? Your great-grandchildren? The greatest legacy is not the wealth you leave behind, but your heartfelt message that echoes forward to future generations.

Ultimately, this dance of the divine in both genders is not about lighting incense, chanting at kirtan, wearing white or even gathering in gender-specific goddess groups or men’s Iron John style movements designed to reclaim a lost chest-thumping masculine. Rather, it’s about being real 360-degree humans, embracing both the sacred and the mundane within ourselves and each other.

When men are willing to meet women heart-first and to live from that divine place of kingly wisdom, warrior courage and boy-like vulnerability, we women are given the gift of receiving all of you. And we are given permission to reveal all of who we are—the nurturing goddess, the juicy seductress and yes, even the nasty b*tch.

In the end, the call to a Divine Feminine and Sacred Masculine is perhaps just the simple yearning to get out of our crazy-busy heads and into our still-knowing hearts. As Rumi says, “I looked in Temples, Churches and Mosques. I found the Divine in my heart.”

Whatever the divine really is, let’s find it together.

Bonus:

The qualities to look for in a partner:

Letting Go is Overrated.

Like elephant love on Facebook.

About Lori Ann Lothian

Lori Ann Lothian is a spiritual revolutionary, divine magic maker and all-purpose scribe. Her articles on love, relationships, enlightenment and sex have appeared at Huffington Post, Good Men Project, Yoganonymous, Origin magazine, Better After 50, XO Jane and on her hit personal blog The Awakened Dreamer. She is also the creator of The 40 Day Magic Challenge. a daily practice to create a masterpiece life of ease, flow, joy and prosperity. Lori Ann lives in Vancouver, Canada, with her husband and daughter, where she has learned to transcend the rain and surrender to mega doses of vitamin D. Tweet her at Twitter

Comments

216 Responses to “A Call to the Sacred Masculine: Ten Daring Invitations from the Divine Feminine.”

1. MamasteNJ says:

Hi Lori Ann,
    Just intro'd on FB: Love & Sexy.
    ~Mamaste

2. Mary says:

hehehe…..very funny 😉

3. Joseph Russell says:

Thank u. What a great read. I have felt a long time lost as to what a man is supposed to be. The male figures that have come and gone from my life have not to b what I have been seeking and u brought up some great affirmations that make a lot of sense.
    I will keep this article. Thanks again. What a great insight u bring.

4. Spencer says:

I have clipped this to my Evernote and will read it once a month or more. I like #2 and #8.

5. Allyssa says:

Yes! It’s about time men started following in the footsteps of the awakened women of the world! We DO need them and their wisdom! Masculine energy is so beautiful and necessary. It makes me sad that so many men are disconnected from each other, from themselves, from their families, from their partners…

This is such an important message. Thank you Lori :)

6. Taigitsune says:

A bit heteronormative for my taste, but it’s interesting food for thought nonetheless.

7. Excellent article Lori Ann, as a man who coaches women helping to understand men in relationships, I call this period “His Hero’s Journey to Commitment”

YOU nailed it and YOU hit a HOME-RUN.

Well done.

Jonathon

8. progcpl says:

I like your perspective, particularly about bringing balance to the goddesses in our lives. Yet even as I feel I exemplify many of these principles, I balance them against my Taoist motto: Know the masculine, but keep to the feminine. – Paul

9. BEAUTIFUL, INSPIRING, and MOVING! I agree. There’s is one small implication I don’t agree with, namely “…glaringly absent is a call to the Sacred Masculine counterpoint.” I personally know dozens of men, and I KNOW OF thousands of men doing their work to answer this call. Most of us doing this work are doing so with little or no modeling for what this could or should look like. Going to Mel Gibson movies does not count as modeling. Lacking this kind of modeling and mentoring, we are forming men’s groups everywhere to learn to mentor each other. Maybe it’s not enough, and maybe not fast enough, but it should be acknowledged where it exists.

10. Robert Artist says:

Hi Thanks tons, I have been having such kinds of inspiration, also having been a Motivatioanl Speaker pulished, I accept everything shared, eill joinup where possible and applyas becomes necessary, and for progress in every way possible, and will continue to read moreparticepate in this website also share the info here. Sometimes I find difficulties if finding people who can understans such practical logical ideals, but are lameo see and apply. I welcome Paul Chubbuck's view and comment, please I am asking for his communication if possible to get some of his information on his/their groups activeties that I may be able tobecome a part of. As said i have ideas, developing to move forward with, and will continue to read follow etc Thanks tons

11. Robby Artist says:

Please see above comments
    Hi Thanks tons, I have been having such kinds of inspiration, also having been a Motivatioanl Speaker pulished, I accept everything shared, eill joinup where possible and applyas becomes necessary, and for progress in every way possible, and will continue to read moreparticepate in this website also share the info here. Sometimes I find difficulties if finding people who can understans such practical logical ideals, but are lameo see and apply. I welcome Paul Chubbuck's view and comment, Also please I am asking for his communication if possible to get some of his information on his/their groups activeties that I may be able tobecome a part of. As said i have ideas, developing to move forward with, and will continue to read follow etc Thanks tons

12. Kris Elleb says:

Rock On! SisStar! Speak it…yes…feeling this call to power most assuredly in our Journey to Integration and Balance.

Aho!

Blessings,
    Kris Ellen
    Professional Sensualist

13. cureforsanity says:

Gender stereotype articles are crap. All of these things can be said of both genders. If you need to make lists like this, you are hanging out with the wrong men.

14. alrishi says:

Lori, I agree with you wholeheartedly about opting for "the cosmic upgrade to Divine Class together". But I wonder if perhaps it's the lack of recognition and celebration of masculinity among the goddesses of the world that needs to be addressed. Instead of inviting men to embody your list of 10 things and creating a new-age litmus test, you could invite women to recognize and appreciate these same things in men. If you look closely, I'm sure you will find many men who are already embodying these qualities. I know that the pendulum has needed to swing toward the feminine and Yin values generally, and that there is still more work to be done there, but ultimately we do ourselves a disservice, individually and collectively, if we don't embrace the gifts of both genders. I do appreciate your perspective and the spirit of integration that seems to be in this article. Thank-you for being willing to step into the conversation – we need more of that!

15. I agree with all the points on your list – and I don't think you & I get to make the list. An authentic men's movement doesn't get designed by women. We can share what we've learned from our own journey, but women defining masculinity works just about exactly as well as men defining femininity – and we all know how well *that's* worked out.

16. Shann says:

Juicy and thought provoking for men and women. I am blessed to be partners with a man who slays this list and shows up every day with an open heart. I've learned so much from him.

17. […] A Call to the Sacred Masculine: Ten Daring Invitations from the Divine Feminine. […]

18. e.b. sarver says:

I agree with the middle wholeheartedly, but I have to chime in with Paul that "…glaringly absent is a call to the Sacred Masculine counterpoint," put me off a bit. Your explanation that it's about women chiming in on the issue makes perfect sense, and I think you might consider editing that point into the article. As for men, several well-known men (David Deida, just for one) have been making an impact in this arena with men for a long time now.

Also, at the end, you say: "Ultimately, this dance of the divine in both genders is not about lighting incense, chanting at kirtan, wearing white or even gathering in gender-specific goddess groups or men’s Iron John style movements designed to reclaim a lost chest-thumping masculine. Rather, it’s about being real 360-degree humans, embracing both the sacred and the mundane within ourselves and each other."

I both agree and disagree with this. That is to say, I think our mutual alone-time with our own sexes, and the ways those have been expressed have a lot of value. True, they're not the end in itself, but the are one part in several means to the end. Doing all the work in our intimate pairings does not work for everyone, and sometimes the alone time with our own sex makes a real difference. Also, I don't see the men's movement as chest-thumping, but rather, as espousing many of the values in this very article. I've participated in a number of men's events and groups, and for the most part, we worked on many of the core issues you mention here. Sure, we did a bit of chest thumping, but that was FAR from the central focus of the work. I first encountered many of the ideas presented here in a men's circle, and might never have discovered them without it. Such places have their value.

Ultimately, though, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So, just learning about it with a bunch of men achieves nothing unless you do it in your relationships, your work, your social interactions with people of both sexes.

19. Nicole says:

You do realize "ravish" means "rape"?

20. I am the architect of what it means for me to be a god and no one else.

So here is my list:

I will answer to me.

I will enjoy me.

I will love me.

I will not be a hero.

I will not fight.

I will live peacefully.

I will rescue none.

I will let all walk their own paths.

I will expect women to decide for themselves what it means to be goddess and tell her none of it nor accept none of it from her.

I will cry.

I will be in turmoil.

I will be happy at moments.

I will be in the moment.

I will love my kittehs.

That is all I have to say right now.

21. Beautifully said. Thank you.

22. Willem says:

Essentially stop destroying and start building.

23. Divine Feminine and Sacred Masculine are a powerful combination of a very simple love. Words get in the way and so do concepts – I appreciate the conclusion of this piece distilling back to the love in our quiet hearts.
    In the seeker generation, we seek to compartmentalize in order to make sense of the vast energies of love and how they play and intermingle and tease each other. In the end, it's all one. In the end, there is no seeking, only love.

24. zblime says:

Love it! Well written and very pertinent article! To put it in its' most simplest terms I'd equate it to saying Yin and Yang need to swim in the same direction and feed off the energy of each other for it to work.

25. Hi Lori! Thank you. I like this post and resonate with what you're putting forward. (I hear you calling!) I also go along with e.b.'s comments above. (and I appreciate your response to him as well) I've been connected to the ManKind Project for over 8 years now … we're one of those men's movement organizations, with our roots in the mythopoetic and archetypal. MKP is 28 years old, nonprofit, and growing in 8 global regions.

The 'Sacred Masculine' is alive and well, and way beyond 'chest thumping'. I believe we are close to a major cultural tipping point. The conversations, circles, trainings, and communities of men that I am in are growing MORE AND MORE integral (360 as you say), diverse, and cross-generational.

I wrote a piece called "The New Macho" in response to stories about 'the end of men' in some major magazines. I would love you to read it! Scroll down below the fold at http://mankindproject.org. And feel free to share! It's been shared over 5000 times on Facebook now. There are men and women listening out there.

We're out here. Thanks for calling us out!! – Boysen Hodgson, MKP USA

26. Alexandra says:

Awesome

27. Scott says:

Hot! Challenge Accepted!

28. Heather says:

Brilliant.

29. Richard says:

A step in a better direction. I am surrounded by self-proclaimed goddesses, and frankly, many are sexist a-holes. The divine feminine and goddess movement is too often an excuse for elevating oneself merely for being female and perceiving oneself as “better” than a male. Posit whatever justice-making rationale you want for such overtly hurtful and harmful behavior, but you are not helping yourself or others by competing in any way with the opposite sex. I agree that we all need to embrace our divine nature – BOTH masculine and feminine – within each and every one of us not separately according to body type. This author makes the same mistake in her wishful thinking about the divine masculine. If you re-read this entire thing and imagine it was written by a man imploring women to have the listed characteristics you would be hard pressed to say that none of these things apply to women too. The point? Quit polarizing masculine and feminine as imperatives outcomes of a set of chromosomes. It is NOT a universal truth as I’m sure there are planets with more than two genders… including our own … and my male chromosome doesn’t make me any less feminine in terms of my divine nature. Embrace it all.

30. yogasamurai says:

The stand-up guys commenting here are really, really out-classing the ladies. Rock on, brothers. Yes, we're a powerful world apart at this point – and loving it. Who knows, maybe we'll invite the women to the Divine dance soon? We just might not, though. It's too good the way it is.

I do understand the deep longing and lack of fulfillment that underlies the original posting – but seek and ye shall find, Sister.

31. Erik says:

Sacred Masculine? Great. A woman giving an outline of what that should look like? No thanks. Picture a man giving such a list to women. No matter how much good stuff was on the list, that man would rightly be told to mind his own business. We should steer our own ship? Great. We’ll start by throwing out the list and making one of our own. Lady, take off the captain’s hat. Empowered women are badly needed and much welcome. But this isn’t the ship they should be expecting to steer.

And I’m tired of writers talking about revalorizing the masculine by linking it to sex with the feminine. Firstly, if we’re to find our power, we need to do it to find the fire in own hearts as our primary goal, not to warm the fire in hers. Not as the primary. Consider how silly women’s empowerment would be if its only real goal was landing the right man. That’s not the Feminine Mystique, that’s Cosmo. Hey there, fish. Enjoy your bicycle.

Secondly, every such claim alienates our gay brothers. And if we’re to find our fire we need that brotherhood, the brotherhood of all men. How are we straight men to find our way to women if we won’t do the work to first reconnect with our brothers? The assistance we need in this process needs to come from each other, not from without.

Finally, when women find their power without men’s interference, it falls to we men who trust women to trust that that process is theirs. We have to trust that they will be stronger, more resilient, more at peace, more engaged by their lives. We have to trust that as strong men, we’re strong enough to share the making of the world with strong women. We have to trust that their power will not do us ill, of course. But we also have to trust that for some to follow that thread means they will find only anger and distrust of us. We have to trust that our not being stewards of that process means that we may not like where that process takes some of our sisters, but it’s not our choice and we’re strong enough to cede space for them in that. Well, the same goes here. Women have to keep their hands off this process and trust men to find our way through it. Even if in some cases they don’t like where some men end up. Giving us a road map and a shopping list of what we’re supposed to bring home when we’re done? That’s not that trust.

Don’t get me wrong. I love that women are supportive of the process. I’m deeply supportive of that process in women, and everyone finding their fire makes for a better world. However, we need a welcome, not a call.

32. dee vine says:

Great job lumping all sorts of human traits into sexualized compartments. Of course you'll need a man to do all of these "divine masculine" things since you've disowned half of your own humanity while chasing "the perfect divine feminine". I'm sure you'll find an equally unbalanced man who's disowned all of his "feminine" traits, and finally, the two of you will be able to cobble together your two half personalities into one semi functional human being.

33. grow up says:

and if you men do all of this then and only then will we "goddesses" be able to be happy… that is until you finally wake the fuck up and realize your the problem, your constant unhappiness and blame of man for it is getting so overplayed by the spiritual bullshit that you spew all over everyone. your setting up more "us against them", WE are humans, WE are trying to figure out what we are doing and what we want. I'm so sick of the new age bullshit that says men need to change in order for relationships to work and for women to thrive.

34. Caelan Huntress says:

This invitation is long overdue.

Thank you for accepting men, manhood, and the male energy in the awakening of the Divine Feminine. Awakened men are currently without a rallying cry, a banner under which we can convene, as we watch the Divine Feminine gather in gender-segregated groups.

Here in Costa Rica, where I live, there is a quarterly Solstice / Equinox gathering to celebrate the divine feminine, and women and children are the only ones allowed to attend.

As a man, I have felt left out of the awakening, watching on the sidelines. Nevertheless, the masculine energy has a role to play in the evolution of the Divine Feminine as well.

Thank you for inviting us to celebrate with you. As all good-hearted, spiritually awakened men know, we are stronger when we invite our counterparts to evolve with us, and I hope to see more awakened women extending this invitation as well.

35. Sorel says:

I really enjoyed your article Lori. And it seems like you have had to reinforce a number of times in your response to the comments that you were also speaking to the play of feminine and masculine in both men and women. I have the following on a little sticky on my computer monitor: “Nature longs for opposites and effects her harmony from them” – Aristotle. I found this in a book that I think is germane to this conversation and is a total paradigm shifter in the discussion and embodied discovery of the balance of masculine and feminine in each of us. It is called “New Self New World” by Philip Shepherd and he is a fellow Canadian doing ground breaking work on this issue. If you are going to write more on this I highly recommend you check his book out and contact him. His website is http://www.philipshepherd.com. Thanks for your work! Sorel

36. aleXander says:

What – no turns for him to be a “goddess”, or for her to be a “god”?

This idealized masculinity – alas, is basically, “machismo” reinvented. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machismo.

Well, with a little vegetable gardening thrown in.)

Basically this is the author’s fantasy transposed to being a doctrine for men, these gods-to-be. The list might create performance-anxiety in mortals: keeping this “god” thing up (pun intended) 24 hours a day is an unrealistic demand.]

Ayn Rand had to write fiction to make it possible.

[Sure – role playing can certainly be fun (all that unsheathing and ravishing), and if the author wants to play “goddess” and for her man to pretend to be Mel Gibson and aggressively captivate her – sure, that can be sexy, and more power/pleasure to ’em.]

But – my experience with men (60 years on the planet, bisexual) the male gender role proscription (“leaving their mark”) has way too much “god” in it already – look at the “Gods” men have invented over the centuries.

37. Jens says:

So true! And I have to admit that the Iron John movement brought me much closer to be that kind of man, because most things you demand play an important role there.

38. A wonderfully pointed yet balanced inquiry and invitation! We need the fullness of each and all of our aspects to be fully incarnate in this life – whether alone, in communion, or in community. Aho!

39. Julian Walker yogijulian says:

beautifully done!

40. Chad Stose says:

As a man who has male lovers, I always find this kind of discourse to be kind of silly whether it comes from a gay or straight crowd.

I experience this article as a new age, not yogic, response to a culture wide gender imbalance that occurred in the 80s when women dressed in linebacker shoulder pads to break through the corporate glass ceiling and masculinity was torn to shreds by second wave feminism. The flavor of this article reminds me of hearing John Friend talk about Lakshmi's "ripe pendulous breasts that even my gay friends admire" at the Anusara Advanced Intensive in LA a few years back. To the point, I invite us to be cautious and default to a larger perspective.

When I partner with another man, our bodies are pretty similar, so it's a great reminder for me, and really all of us, that we have these two energies within each of us and through our attentiveness and cultivation, we can find a balance that works for us. This is a very personal experience. For further reading, I highly recommend the book, Gender Outlaw by Kate Bornstein.

Adding the extra labels, "Divine" or "Sacred," seems counter intuitive, and these labels are regrettably overused and create extra barriers to an authentically stripped down practice – an attempt to look at our reality, as it is. These energies are basic and not complicated. We make them more complicated than need be by giving them such labels as if they were somehow beyond normal, yet they are a part of our basic nature.

41. Paul Hess says:

I don't understand why anyone needs to be called a god or goddess. The thriving men's movement does not feel a need to call men gods. So why is there a goddess movement? The politics behind this is a feminist politics that actually believes women are morally superior to men. As Lola Jone said, "Worshipping the goddess is usually just an attempt to overthrow the masculine. This is based on a simplistic theory of patriarchy, which claims that men as a whole have more power and privilege. This has been thoroughly refuted by Warren Farrell and others, with almost total resistance from feminists to hearing that–there just is hardly any rational conversation at all. So who wants to be really honest, get the facts and really come from the heart? In 12 years of raising this issue, not many people are willing to admit they were wrong and look at their assumptions and motives in order to create better connection between men and women.

42. Sean Cameron says:

Wow… The sheer terror this article obviously inspires in so many men really underlines the problem; guys often are scared shitless when femininity challenges them. The redirection into argumentative comments and intellectualizing is blatantly insecure. Also helps me understand something I’ve been wondering for awhile: In the men’s circles I attend, I sometimes feel like a loner for actually having an amazing and healthy relationship with a woman.

Here’s the thing guys, when they make these calls and you bitch and whine and justify and avoid, it breaks womens’ hearts. Plain and simple. They are not out to get us, and we do just as good a job at twisting ourselves into something unusual as they ever try to. They just NEED this from us in a way that is intrinsic to their nature… or at least that is what makes sense to me and clicks with what my heart feels.

Nothing will hit you repeatedly in the face, screaming “Wake the fuck up and deal with your shit!!” more than having a deep, caring, intense and intimate relationship with an amazing woman… That’s just the way it is and yes it is scary shit but c’mon… they are worth it :)

43. Chris says:

Nicole · 1 day ago
    You do realize "ravish" means "rape"?

That is a potential definition.

Ravish:
    To overwhelm with emotion; enrapture.
    To give great delight to . . .

As soon as you start talking 'Rape', men will be put off by this. Our sex is subjugated enough!
    It is NOT rape – Is it just 'being a man' – And letting the woman know she is the presence of a real man.

44. trueayurveda says:

Identification. Attachment. Non-contentment to the point of action. "inviting" the external to change due to one's expectations and hopes or rather desires. What does this have to do with yoga or divine or sacred?

45. morpheus says:

real men and women don't send their kids to school/prison or homeschool them coercing them to bend to their will forcing them to learn anything and they don't leave their kids in cribs screaming all night they let their kids sleep with them in bed with them

46. Great ideas and thanks! I do take umbridge with the crack against the Superwoman and Fairy Godmother archetypes though – they are both alive and well in our modern world albeit not always in obvious ways. http://archetypist.com/2010/03/25/ofgm-original-f

47. Jeff Brown says:

I just love this piece. Many of my brothers are having a hard time clarifying what an awakening man looks like, feels like, moves like. Trapped as we are in a survivalist consciousness, with one hyper-vigilant eye on the door and another mistaking accumulation for safety, we seldom step out from behind our wall of armour to consider other pathways of possibility. Lori Ann’s piece helps to bridge the gender-ation gap between the world we know best and the next step man, a tenderling warrior who is readying to do the hard work (divine perspiration!) to honor his truth-aches and swap his quest for egoic success for something more authentic- the path of the in-powered, inclusive, receptive heart.

In words I used long ago, I look forward to the day when we can meet one another in our true nakedness, stripped free of unresolved emotions, pain-induced projections, the distortions of duality. For too long we have been on opposite sides of the river, the bridge between our hearts washed away by a flood of pain. But the time has come to construct a new bridge, one that comes into being with each step we take, one that is fortified with benevolent intentions and authentic self-revealing. As we walk toward one another, our emotional armour falls to the ground, transforming into the light at its source. And when we are ready, we walk right into the Godself at the centre of the bridge, puzzled that we ever imagined ourselves separate.