I woke up restless yesterday.
And went to bed restless tonight.
In the in-between (and hopefully the again soon) I kept dreaming of far away places, and handmade boats; of soft, strange sounding languages that would roll around awkwardly in my mouth; of throwing a few sundresses and my cowgirl boots in a bag, and running away to live with gypsies and tinkers and dancing until the sky turns to ink.
When you are filled with wanderlust, restless, gypsy-hearted, tossing and turning—sometimes a song can be your boat:
1. When I grow up, I want to be a wild bird and fly away to wherever this is:
2. There are no words for this. Only made up ones in a language I used to whisper to my toys. I don’t remember it. I think they speak it in Iceland.
3. If you aren’t listening to First Aid Kit, please. Get to it.
4. “I don’t think about you anymore (but I don’t think about you any less).”
5. Some songs, like twinkling fairy lights or far away fireflies, add a little bit of magic to your tossing and turning.
6. They said they made it up. I heard it means “Oh, Infinite Nakedness.” Either way (or both ways) Om Nashi Me.
8. Wake up to the sound of your fleeting heart:
And if you’re still wild and restless, start and the top and listen again and again until it’s time to fly away (or time to hit your pillow and sail away to sleep).
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.