I’m Going to Need Chemo…Bye, Bye Hair.

Via on May 24, 2012

Knock, Knock…It’s Cancer. {Episode 2}

In this episode, I find out that my cancer is aggressive and the double mastectomy surgery is pushed up. I also find out that I will need chemotherapy.

And what to do with all this hair?

YouTube Preview Image

An update on my status post-surgery (May 23, 2012):

“Good morning everyone.
Surgery went well and from what I hear we got some good news…I am in pain and tired but happy to have this surgery behind me. This is the easy part for me since I have been here 20 times before…going through chemo is my one fear right now. But I know i will get thru it with you positives vibes, prayers and dedications.
Love to all.
Xoxo — at Morristown Memorial Hospital.”

~

Editors: Sharon Pingitore / Andrea B.

Like elephant health & wellness on Facebook.

About Yulady Saluti

Yulady Saluti never stops moving. She is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor who has appeared in DVDs with Tara Stiles and Deepak Chopra. She has rocked her yoga on television with Sadie Nardini, teaches at four different yoga studios, and is doing all this while taking care of six kids and a devoted husband. After battling and overcoming a serious colon rectal medical condition, which required she live with a colostomy for four years, Yulady dove head first into a new, healthy life filled with yoga and studies in Ayurveda. It was only three years into her practice (and during her 20th surgery related to her former illness) that her doctors discovered that she had Stage 2 breast cancer at the age of thirty-two. Yulady is documenting her journey as a mommy-yogi-with-cancer on her Youtube channel: YouTube.com/YuladySaluti. She plans to return to a full teaching schedule after treatment in New Jersey at Powerflow Yoga, Onyx Mind Body, Poe Yoga, and Inferno Hot Yoga. You can also follow her always uplifting tweets @yogalody.

17 Responses to “I’m Going to Need Chemo…Bye, Bye Hair.”

1. MamasteNJ says:

MWAH! On the road to recovery! xoxo ~Mamaste

2. Sharon_Marie says:

yulady, thank you for your courage and sharing your journey. love it and fight it all at once, love.

3. alinamo says:

You both have such a positive and beautiful attitude, and a great sense of humor!! This will help you so much as you go through this journey. Much love, strength and light to you!!! (fellow cancer patient)

4. Wow. You are both amazing! What a positive, inspiring attitude. Thank you for sharing your story here!

5. James Vincent Knowles jamesvincentknowles says:

Prayers & positive thoughts for you, to you and about you that you'll be healthy with lots of love in your rich, long life~ you're amazingly courageous and will receive all the energy you need to be well. namaste

6. Dear Yulady. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am inspired by your positive attitude, and the support of your husband is really incredible. I have been through my own journey with health, healing and recovery, and I have so much respect for others who are unexpectedly thrust into the same path. You can do this, and I will be praying for you. Best.

7. Judit says:

Yulady sending you lots of love and light….
    You are amazing!

8. bettyleigh1 says:

Imagine all of these supportive people loving and caring about you…. absorb this love….XOXOXO

9. MamasteNJ says:

YULADY UPDATE:

From her husband, Gerry;

Looks like we will be going home from hospital at some point today! Can't wait to have her home. with Yulady Saluti at Morristown Memorial Hospital.

10. [...] I’m sure someone has decided to sit on my chest, and secondly, I feel like a little boy! Short hair, no boobs and excruciating [...]

11. [...] “side-effects” of drugs do so when they expect them. Around 60 percent of patients undergoing chemotherapy start feeling sick before their treatment has [...]