Power ~ Ben Ralston {video}

Via on May 10, 2012

What is power? What isn’t power? How can you be powerful?

The world needs you to be empowered. The world needs you to be the person you came here to be – not a limited version of yourself. The world – right now  - needs you to be present, productive, and powerful.

YouTube Preview Image

Please share it – spread the love, powerfully.

About Ben Ralston

Ben Ralston almost joined the army when he was 18. When he was 32 he almost became a Swami. *** Now he is a healer, Reference Point Therapy teacher, and advanced Yoga instructor in the Sivananda tradition . His work as a healer acknowledges trauma as the underlying cause of almost all human problems, and resolves trauma at the causal level: gut-based survival instincts. The intention behind all his work is to empower others. *** Ben splits his time between his busy international practice, training therapists, and writing. As an experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher he also runs retreats, usually on the beautiful Croatian coast. *** Connect with Ben on Facebook. Read more of his writing on his blog Grounded Spirituality.

902 views

18 Responses to “Power ~ Ben Ralston {video}”

1. "When you accept yourself fully, then you experience your true being which is absolute. And that absolute being is all powerful. Any other power is a total illusion because it's temporary, therefore not real."

I think, Ben, that this is the Holy Grail. Right there. You've said it in just three sentences.

• Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Yeah. We've all spent far too much time running away, hiding, escaping, fighting with, or freezing some deep aspect(s) of ourselves. Time to embrace it all, let go, and just be…

2. Lori says:

I think it is also so important to emphasize that this is about how you exercise your power relative to Your Self and not power Over others. The term "Self-Possession" comes to mind; i.e. to be "Self-Possessed" is to not be possessed by others, to not be controlled by others or by anything Outside of oneself, as you say Ben, accepting Full Responsibility for every part of yourself – thoughts, and feelings as well as actions.

Many years ago, I came up with the idea of being a "Perfect Me" (because there is only one, so I set the standard for this "Lori Lee Bell" model of being a human being! : )), and that the only thing "Perfect" anyone can be is themselves, the only "label" they can live up to is their own name, and that is a moment by moment action/experience.

So I will agree with you on this point, Ben – Everyone has the Absolute Power they need to be Exactly Who They Are Supposed to Be. If you try to be anything else, if you try to live up to someone else's expectations of who, or what you are supposed to be, then you will only have a LIMITED amount of power to do that, and your life satisfaction, your Joy, will also be LIMITED.

But once you are completely aligned with your own Core, then you are absolutely right, power and joy flow with abundance!

Thank you for sharing, Ben and thank you for all of the work you are doing personally, to stay aligned with Your Core, and to help others align with their own Core as well.

3. Bryonie Wise Bryonie says:

thank you from my heart for this reminder

4. Ramesh says:

Great work, Ben. Even though I like you better with a little longer hair, from the nondual stance, your imperfections are just perfect and I feel my own core power just by saying that. :-) Truly. Very inspiring!

5. Becky says:

Profoundly deep. Love it Ben. Had to listen to it several times, will have to a few more times. AAAAaaand I could watch you and not get sick! Aaah. Alas, still kicked back… thought provoking material needs only ears that connect and contemplate the resonance of truth in the heart. Keep up the great work!

6. Jasmine says:

This is something I have been struggling with, thank you for this eloquent portrayel said in a way that makes sense. "We've learned that openess, sensitivity, vulnerability, warmth, tenderness -cause us pain, and subconsciously because of this trauma we have learned that it's safer not to feel, not to be sensitive, not to be open…" this rings very true for me and brought me to tears. When I embrace these parts of my whole self and am not divided it allows me to be nurturing and to offer guidance to others, and this benefits the world in a great way. I feel powerful when i am able to do this, especially with my son.

7. madgrooves says:

Thank you, Ben. Finally had some quiet moments to watch your video, as I know I have to be able to truly listen when I click on your face =0) This is definitely a crucial area that demands our attention. For me, and many other "highly sensitive" types, as we're labeled, we were pushed (as you mentioned) to feel less, express with great caution, and question many of our instincts/our very nature to better "manage" and be "acceptable.:" I've always said I was never very good at building walls or a thicker skin in this world, as most naturally do, and the sensitive usually do out of necessity to survive really. And though I've spent years trying to rewrite my thoughts, erase my conditioning, and so on, this video brings to my attention, once again, alongside the relentless signs/lessons in my life, that I was more "successful" at building one wall, if you can even call it a wall (survival response more so), and that is Fear and Isolation (well that's two, but technically one ;0). When I first began seeking psychotherapy at age 18, after becoming a young mother, I was diagnosed with Agoraphopia, first and foremost. And although it's only a label, I think it hits my core issues more than any other diagnosis' i've received. I do believe, will never know to what extent, most stemmed from separation from both my mom and dad simultaneously at age 2 1/2 to 5, until I was reunited with my mother. Happening during the "Separation Stage," I learned it probably heavily impacted my base level of security. But it was really people and society that caused me to close up further, as I would still push myself to be open, friendly, daring, and just "ME." After curving and scaling "ME" down quite a bit through my teen years, I've spent years trying to get her back, and keep her from going back in her shell (for longer periods anyway) when I feel more vulnerable or sensitivities are heightened or just a lot of sh*t going down, ya know? I'll stop here…but this is what your video triggers for me personally, and I am very grateful for anything that keeps me "real," honest with myself amidst society and my own inner defense mechanisms, which are always lurking, waiting to rear their ugly heads the moment i slip back into unconsciousness. Love and light bless and keep you, Ben <3

8. Lauren says:

Thank you, Ben. "When you accept yourself fully, then you experience your true being which is…ABSOLUTE…and that absolute being is all powerful and any other power is a total illusion that is temporary and therefore not real."

9. Irene says:

Thank you Ben. Bless you for all the wonderful thoughts that you articulate and for the guidance it brings. Sending love.