What are you thankful for?

Via on May 1, 2012

Leave a comment.

Inspired by the comments here. Leave a comment below. Let’s show the simple, grounded, appreciative, awake aspect of an internet comment forum, mindful-life-style.

About elephant journal

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

63 Responses to “What are you thankful for?”

1. Waylon says:

I'm thankful for my mother, for being sweet, genuine, and unconditionally loving.

2. blackyogis says:

…for the opportunity just to be here at this time and have the resources and community to learn and grow…

• Waylon says:

Thumbs up! Let's all thumbs up one another, make this a happy-happy but real-real new media experiment. ~ WL

• PEter says:

Came here to say something similar. Opportunity is the greatest gift one can ever receive!

3. @Cobwebsmom says:

I am thankful for the number of supportive people I have been blessed with in my life.

4. pioneer woman says:

I am thankful for hot and cold running water whenever I want it.

5. What a beautiful idea!

I try to find a way to be thankful for everything, but right at this moment
    I'm thankful for my children (and thankful that they are sleeping peacefully),
    I'm thankful for the rain, still falling and making everything such a gorgeous emerald green.
    I'm thankful for my spine which is reminding me that it wants a loving stretch instead of sitting at my laptop much longer.
    I'm thankful for clean water to drink, which I take for granted far too often.
    I'm thankful for dandelions. As simple as they are, they always make me smile.
    I'm thankful for George Washington Carver, because peanut butter is awesome.
    I'm thankful that my parents made me read books and climb trees instead of watching television.
    I'm thankful for elephant.

6. I am thankful for the opportunity to have healed lyme disease nearly 100%…and the radical shift in consciousness that the experience provided. I am now a better person because of a tick bite. Never thought I would say that, but I just did.

7. Rick Gilbert says:

I'm thankful for compassion and gentleness, and for the phenomenal world and its endless ability to show me when I forget these qualities.

8. Ah, but then I thought of more!

I'm thankful for this second, breath, the smell of virga near the mountains, cherries, the last light of the day, the whine of bagpipes, the bone-tired feeling at the end of a good, long hard day.

I'm thankful for puddles, and rainboots and putting those two together.

I'm thankful for my pillow and I hope to meet it soon.

I'm thankful for wind—in my hair, on my face, over the water.

I'm thankful for my true friends because they remind me how much I have to be thankful for.

9. Mihirini de Zoysa says:

I am thankful for being loved.
    I am thankful for being able to love.
    I am thankful for the deliciousness of loving and giving.
    I am thankful for being able to get up every time I fall.
    I am thankful for the ability to have hope and be open hearted even after many disappointments.
    I am thankful for my friends and family who are my family.
    I am thankful for the lessons of life.
    I am thankful for being alive in such interesting times with such potential for creating the kind of world we want.

10. Meredith says:

I am glad that we have the capacity to laugh, dog friends, mountains and oceans. I am grateful for my gardening job that leaves me wasted at the end of the day.

11. hayley says:

12. Adrienne says:

This life fills me with gratitude…even for the hard bits, the boring bits. I'm thankful that I've learned how to love. Thankful that I am, in return, loved by so many…in so many different ways. Thankful for this purring cat, cup of tea, quiet night.

13. alicehinman says:

i. am. thankful

14. Maria says:

Sobriety…and everything it has brought to my life…

15. KC says:

I’m thankful that in losing a lover, I am still whole.

16. StellaT says:

I am thankful for being able to wake up every day to start anew.
    I am thankful for the people who love me for myself.
    I am thankful for the will to stop repeating destructive patterns.
    I am thankful for forgiveness – of others, and most of all, of myself.

17. Lauren says:

The thankful level runs high for me tonight. I just dug a giant nasty sliver out of my finger nail…totally thankful that it was between layers of nail versus between the nail and flesh.

18. neilrinhk says:

For my world and all that it includes, both good and not so…thank you

19. Sharon Marie says:

I am thankful for my husband's wicked sarcasm, my 16 year old daughter's crankiness, and God's endless sense of humor.

20. karlsaliter says:

Thunderstorms and making art and that black love potion which renders me pseudo sane, coffee.

21. MamasteNJ says:

I am thankful for every moment i have on this earth and relish the opportunity for spiritual growth & meaningful connections. After all, I am the MAMASTE.
    xoxo WL
    ~S

22. Jeet Jeet says:

I am thankful for Elephant Journal, and the wonderful people I've met through EJ. Also thankful for Way – for his tireless and innovative efforts to spread the awareness. :-)

23. Bryonie Wise Bryonie says:

I am thankful for love, for the moon and stars, for the earth below and the sky above.
    I am thankful for the little sprouts that are poking their heads through the earth in our garden.
    I am thankful for the face that my dog makes when he licks any kind of nut butter off of a spoon.
    I am thankful for each moment, each minute, each second of every day.
    I am thankful for this life.

24. connie says:

I am thankful that I am able to walk, to have my brain working, to see and hear, to know gratitude and love and know that if any or all of these things were taken away I would still feel gratitude for having lived. I am thankful for all others in the world who are grateful, love, know happiness, sadness, and all of the other emotions we humans experience. I am thankful for elephant journal and all the people who contribute.

25. Grateful to know that if I gave away 75% of my stuff, I would still have ENOUGH.
    Thankful for this post which gave me the inspiration to write a blog and start giving away my stuff…

26. Tatum Bacchi tatumann says:

I'm thankful for the fact that I finally woke up to life and turned off the tv. I'm thankful that a lifetime of work ethic finally has a passion to be applied to. I'm thankful that I've a got a support system that makes me feel courageous.

27. Mariah H says:

I wake up each morning, open my eyes, take a deep smiling breath, and say to myself, "I am thankful for another day." Thankful for LOVE from family, friends, nature and for realizing I need to love myself too. Thankful for the ability to return love.

28. Melody says:

I often post 30 days of Gratitude before Thanksgiving. Observing this now is fresh and new. I am thankful for my hard working husband, my beautiful healthy girl, my yoga practice, all my pals who listen to my endless stories of BS and a country where I can share my observations of life, yoga and other stuff openly and freely. Thank you Elephant Journal for keeping it fun. I am also grateful for the opportunity to go off my food program and eat chips and cupcakes. Because sometimes, you just need to!!

29. Valerie Carruthers ValCarruthers says:

Grateful for the whole great big chaotic radiant random mess that is life and all the glorious beings in it.

30. Valerie Carruthers ValCarruthers says:

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage.

Valerie Carruthers
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

31. Waylon says:

Keith Willschau Clean water
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Joan Myers For love in my life amongst friends and..some family :)
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Angelita Weber lessons in life that seem at first as roadblocks, but what they are doors to something new. i am grateful for lessons.
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 2
    #
    Lani Ayala despite being broke all the time but I'm thankful for everything; my family, health, faith and friends.
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Dylan Barmmer My beautiful mind. My beautiful body. Life. Love. Flowers. Sunshine.
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 2
    #
    Andrea Abadi life, working with children
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 2
    #
    Brahmbhatt Bhavin I am able to teach,realy things,about life,which is usefull for all world .www.nextstepofman.com
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Brahmbhatt Bhavin I teacg effect of transformationr on life and world.
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Vanina Rodel for the amazing self-deprecating, funny friends I have made through my fight with Lyme disease; for my incredibly strong husband Neil, who's been carrying me for the past 7 years, and for the hilarious Pippi Longstoking-like free spirited daughter we have brought to life, and that never ceases to shine bright!
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Mariana Garcia My family and boyfriend. And time away from them as well.
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Catie Horvath the feeling that laughter brings! :)
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Hayley Katz Everything! From breathing, to nature, to the food I feed my body, to my family, to yoga…
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    Martha Thompson My breath
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Karey Garcia this moment.
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    Kay Welch for all of the many blessings in my life – feel very fortunate each and every day
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 2
    #
    ShaMecha Simms Closed doors and the better ones that are wide open.
    11 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 1
    #
    elephantjournal.com Please leave your comment on the blog itself, as well…we're trying to get to 100 comments.
    11 hours ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Aisha Lee for all of the Family of Peace Loving Folks around the world, for all of Our "blessings" as well as all of Our "downfalls" that bring us Enlightment eventually, for the "Whole Granduer Plan" that everything has a play in, for Life and Love and Peace. For All of Us that help each other and remain strong to help ourselves even in times of adversity, and especially in times of need. Love, Peace, Tolerance, Charity, and Prosperity, as well as Respect, for One Another and for Mother Nature and this Beautiful and Amazing Earth We All Live On. =)
    10 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike · 2
    Amy Spiezio For love.
    10 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
    #
    Dieter Lueske ‎… being here …
    10 hours ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Steve Wright Thankful for all of the moments that have led to this one, typing here with the sound of rain on the window and one of my cats curled next to me purring…thankfully aware of consciousness and love and my desire to warmly wish the very best for all.
    9 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 3
    #
    Shera Warde My health, my incredible husband and the love and support of friends and family.

32. Sherry says:

I am thankful for every day I have with my father while he still has his faculties. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's on Monday.

33. Tonya says:

I'm thankful for Buddhism, Yoga, Meditation and those people that touch my life in a positive way.

34. Samantha says:

I am thankful for my family and my friends. I have a lot of amazing humans in my life, and feel grateful to have been touched by all of them!

35. Annie Ory says:

I am thankful to be here living on the planet in this amazing time; my body and the way it supports the life I want to live; my health; my mental acuity and intelligence; books; green tea; my partners; my friends; YOGA; for my relationship with the Universe; for my awareness of the magic that is inherent in every breath.

36. mccubma says:

I am thankful for Elephant Journal. It is my sanity and refuge during endless work days in this cubicle. I am grateful for Kate Bartolotta and Andrea Balt, who have an uncanny ability to write exactly what I need to read in a given day or moment. I don't know what I would do without elephant yoga — the contributors and posts that inspire me and help me through my yoga teacher training. Let me tell you all that you are quoted in every one of my practice teaching sessions (of course with credit!). And a HUGE thank you to Waylon Lewis for making all of this possible.

37. I am thankful to be in good health which permits me to enjoy my beautiful 3 children to the max :))

38. faye says:

laughing hard, from the depths of my belly, mouth wide open, eyes squeezed shut is always so completely refreshing. and helping those who need help getting off the bus – aces. feeling awake with absolute certitude – TO IT ALL. and for discovering the first 2 (of many to come) grey hairs. and that after 5 yrs, seeing my 8 siblings and their families this summer as we celebrate my momma's 70th b.day and knowing that it will be a huge challenging pain in the ass. all that and soooooo much = gratefulness.
    oh wait, last one – for pushing through the German red-tape and receiving official permission to work full-time as a translator/editor and for the most amazing colleagues (despite them being German (giggle giggle))! ja, that one tops it for schizzles, yo!

39. ManifestYogaJen says:

I am thankful for….
    the food I just ate
    my hearing aids
    being able to make my living as a yoga teacher
    the internet bc it allows me to keep in touch with those that are not near me
    my husband
    my mother who helps me run my business
    my faith

40. AL says:

I’m thankful for meeting Dave Cornthwaite again. He is an English adventurer, writer, explorer, motivational speaker, and film maker.
    He said ” if we all looked after our on little corner of the planet the world would be a better place.”

41. Tobye Hillier yogi tobye says:

I'm thankful that in a Country where I lost my job because of criminal fat cats trying to make an extra million, in a country where the politicians decided to pay those fat cats debts at the expense of the people, in a country where said politicians make me feel like a criminal because I cannot find work and make me pay for the mistakes of others by squeezing money out of me, putting be below the breadline, in a country where those politicians say that the young people leaving by the tens of thousands with tears in their eyes are leaving as a "lifestyle choice, to see the world" and not because there's no work… that I can still find love, support and compassion from my Parents and my friends.

42. Carolyn says:

I am thankful for my selfless saint of a mother who serves as a daily reminder that I can always give of myself some more.
    I am thankful for my my super hero Dad's buckwheat/flaxseed/hemp protein/ blueberry/banana Saturday morning pancake tradition and all of the love that goes into it.
    I am thankful for the eternal love and support they have provided for me every second of every day since before I was even born.
    I am thankful for my younger sister, who is also my best friend/ better-half/ soulmate, who although we had our own bedrooms growing up, shared a bed most nights for as long as I can remember so we could do our dreaming together.
    I am thankful for my beautiful best friends and the laughs and the tears we have shared together over the years on city streets, our yoga mats, sandy beaches, in dive bars and each others always wide open arms.
    I am thankful for my lovers, past and present, for breaking my heart and cracking it open. For sometimes making me laugh and sometimes making me cry. For teaching my to do list making, whole day organizing, go, go, go self the value in lazy Sunday mornings where the bed head can go uncombed and we eat each eachothers sweet kisses for breakfast.
    I am thankful for being thankful.

43. Prairie says:

Thank you for all the ways in which I am being asked to stretch and grow and then stretch a bit more.

I am grateful for the power and responsibility of free will and to have incarnated into a life that gives me the gift of choice.

Thank you for my experiences with upset and feeling out of balance, for in those spaces opportunities for grace are being illuminate to me.

I am grateful for my family and community of friends, near and far – you are my laughter, my tears, my humility, my inspiration, my voice and my Love.

44. DaveTelf says:

i am thankful for my habitual patterns, for they have led me through an endless stream of miraculous complications customized precisely for my time and space.
    I am grateful for the subtle pop i hear when i act spontaneously, authentically in the moment, and experience myself as complete, completely unbeholden to programmed habits of response.

i am grateful for my expectations, and the joy and disappointment they engender when they come to fruition.
    i am grateful for how often my experience overwhelmingly exceeds all expectation.

i am grateful for the abundance of opportunities to forgive i create for myself and others.

i am grateful i get to try again tomorrow.
    i am grateful i don't have to wait until tomorrow to try again.

45. mel kc says:

grateful for the support for all the being that are part of my life including but not limited to people, animals, plants, structures, and my senses.

also grateful you asked

46. BobK says:

Padded bicycle shorts
    Haage-Dazs
    Humming birds

47. Todd Gray | Bold Interventions says:

I am thankful and grateful for the opportunity to help people better their lives each and every day! I am thankful and grateful to have found a calling which empowers people to create passionate relationships by finding positive ways to fulfill their 6 basic human needs (certainty, variety, significance, love / connection, growth and contribution) and to recognize when their actions and behaviors are having a negative impact upon their lives, even though they might come from acts of positive intention. I am thankful and grateful for each and every day upon this wonderful earth and for all of the smiles which I encounter =)

48. [...] saw myself as disparaged– sensing my dreams neglected. So I cultivated appreciation. To put it out to the universe, I wrote daily appreciations as status updates on my Facebook page. [...]

49. [...] a big believer that some already have it so good that they forget to be grateful. For most people, it can always get [...]

50. [...] engaging in comment wars on the internet. It probably has more to do with letting go of anger. Or being grateful. Or being compassionate to yourself and others. Or realizing that all of this isn’t something [...]