Like a good yogi, you have arrived to class fifteen minutes early…now what?
Here are 10 things you should do and definitely should not do to pass that precious time
1. Do place your mat down where you would like to practice.
2. Don’t place your mat directly next to the only other person in the entire asana room.
3. Do take in an extra few minutes of a simple hip opener or gentle stretch.
4. Don’t practice the Seven Headstand Series of Ashtanga or try to squeeze in every inversion possible in a 10 minute time frame
5. Do read a book or the current issue of L.A. Yoga magazine.
6. Don’t read your text messages or emails (especially aloud).
7. Do get to know your neighbor if they are receptive
8. Don’t interrupt your neighbor’s meditation in order to vent about what a nightmare parking was or how much you hate your boss.
9. Do sip from your bottle of water (BPA-free, of course).
10. Don’t– Bring the entire Starbucks drink menu
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 377 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 165 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 383 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 993 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,697 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 1,948 share What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,609 share How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,273 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,378 share