Like a good yogi, you have arrived to class fifteen minutes early…now what?
Here are 10 things you should do and definitely should not do to pass that precious time
1. Do place your mat down where you would like to practice.
2. Don’t place your mat directly next to the only other person in the entire asana room.
3. Do take in an extra few minutes of a simple hip opener or gentle stretch.
4. Don’t practice the Seven Headstand Series of Ashtanga or try to squeeze in every inversion possible in a 10 minute time frame
5. Do read a book or the current issue of L.A. Yoga magazine.
6. Don’t read your text messages or emails (especially aloud).
7. Do get to know your neighbor if they are receptive
8. Don’t interrupt your neighbor’s meditation in order to vent about what a nightmare parking was or how much you hate your boss.
9. Do sip from your bottle of water (BPA-free, of course).
10. Don’t– Bring the entire Starbucks drink menu
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,440 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 25,989 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 33,225 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,102 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,273 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 530 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 452 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 990 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share