Do you want to have a friend? Be a friend.
1. “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” ~ Albert Einstein
2. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ~ Plutarch
3. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ~ Alice Walker
4. “If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.” ~ Dalai Lama
5. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” ~ Laurence J. Peter
6. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” ~ Aristotle
7. “Always forgive your enemies—nothing annoys them so much.” ~ Oscar Wilde
8. “The struggle of my life created empathy—I could relate to pain, being abandoned, having people not love me.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “Avoid popularity if you would have peace.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
10. “He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” ~ Winston Churchill
11. “Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose.” ~ Richard Bach
12. “When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.” ~ Edward Abbey
13. “Put a rose in a sack of fish and soon the rose will start to stink too. Be careful of the company you keep.” ~ His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Urgyen Trinley Dorje
Like elephant love on Facebook.
Editor: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.