Awesome Sex During Cancer. {Adult}

Via on Jun 30, 2012

As yogis, my husband and I already had a great sex life.

Much to our surprise, our sex life since I learned I had cancer has been crazy.

Even the double mastectomy surgery hasn’t slowed us down.

In fact, we have both put on a few pounds to prepare for chemo. Little did we know the result of the news and extra padding would be awesome sex during cancer:

YouTube Preview Image

~

Editor: Kate Bartolotta

Like elephant health and wellness on Facebook.

About Yulady Saluti

Yulady Saluti never stops moving. She is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor who has appeared in DVDs with Tara Stiles and Deepak Chopra. She has rocked her yoga on television with Sadie Nardini, teaches at four different yoga studios, and is doing all this while taking care of six kids and a devoted husband. After battling and overcoming a serious colon rectal medical condition, which required she live with a colostomy for four years, Yulady dove head first into a new, healthy life filled with yoga and studies in Ayurveda. It was only three years into her practice (and during her 20th surgery related to her former illness) that her doctors discovered that she had Stage 2 breast cancer at the age of thirty-two. Yulady is documenting her journey as a mommy-yogi-with-cancer on her Youtube channel: YouTube.com/YuladySaluti. She plans to return to a full teaching schedule after treatment in New Jersey at Powerflow Yoga, Onyx Mind Body, Poe Yoga, and Inferno Hot Yoga. You can also follow her always uplifting tweets @yogalody.

18 Responses to “Awesome Sex During Cancer. {Adult}”

1. slsimms says:

*smiling* I applaud your honesty…I can't say I've ever explored this topic before…so now I have something to refer to. Kudos to you both for your honesty and love!

2. Mamaste says:

You guys are so unbelievably hones & adorable. Thank you for being you. And blessings to you & the fam.
    I just intro'd on FB to: Sexy, Yoga, Enlightened, Love, Family, & Health & Wellness.
    xoxox
    ~Mamaste

3. @Yogalody says:

I love you lots
    xoxox

4. I contnue to be amazed and inspired. Please make a book on this journey of transparency!

5. Tami says:

You have a beautiful spirit. Thank you for your strength. My last mammogram came up faulty. I got a call two days ago. I have to wait another week for further x-rays and possible biopsy. I loved your posting!

6. [...] here: Awesome Sex During Cancer. {Adult} | elephant journal This entry was posted in Cancer and tagged a-few-pounds, life-since, mastectomy-surgery, our-sex, [...]

7. [...] more here: Awesome Sex During Cancer. {Adult} | elephant journal ← How Does Social Medicine Affect Your Healthy Eating Plan? – Health [...]

8. e_n_e_s_a says:

You two are such an inspiration – there's no spiritual bragging, no advice giving… Just sharing your own honest & down-to-earth experience and being absolutely amazing in the process :)
    Lots of love to you from the other side of the planet!

9. Mamaste says:

Just intro'd on FB to the main page.
    This might be the one to go viral……..are you watching out there?
    Vision, vision.
    Lods of L.O.V.E!!!!!
    xoxo
    ~Mamaste

10. missbernklau says:

I so love and appreciate that you both are being so candid and honest about your experience with cancer. You're answering so many questions people are afraid to ask surrounding breast cancer. You're letting so many women know that their sexuality and femininity is unshakable, and I think that's something a lot of women fear will be taken away from them with breast cancer. I'm sure being in a loving, supportive relationship with a really sweet and thoughtful husband is helping a lot, you two are sooo adorable!

And you're not freaking me out talking about sex in this video, it's amazing. It's so wonderful that you feel even closer after this and I love to hear about happy couples, it makes me happy! It gives people hope to see others brought together by something that could be seen as tragic, it's all about attitude and perspective, and your videos prove this.

So much love and blessings to both of you. I hope your recovery is quick and pain-free, Yulady!
    -Heather

11. @Yogalody says:

I hope this helps some people out there
    sending you lots of love
    xoxo

12. [...] post: Awesome Sex During Cancer. Adult | elephant journal [...]

13. Leo Wellmann says:

AmericanHealthJournal is looking for partner blogs in the health genre. American Health Journal is a health care content site containing over 3000 of high quality health videos. We are seeking bloggers who may be interested in contributing guest articles to our web site. Come contact us at our contact form on our website.