Thank Goodness My Hubby is Not a Boob Man.

Via on Jun 8, 2012
I was breas feeding at the time
Ta-tas no ta-tas I am still me, I was still breastfeeding in this pic.

A cancer story episode six.

After having a double mastectomy 16 days ago at age 32, I realized that my husband is not a boob man.

And can I just tell you that made me very happy… Just watch!!!!
YouTube Preview Image

More:
Protect Your Breasts.
Advantages of Small Boobs (SFW Cartoon).

~ Like elephant love and elephant health & wellness on facebook. ~

~
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger

About Yulady Saluti

Yulady Saluti never stops moving. She is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor who has appeared in DVDs with Tara Stiles and Deepak Chopra. She has rocked her yoga on television with Sadie Nardini, teaches at four different yoga studios, and is doing all this while taking care of six kids and a devoted husband. After battling and overcoming a serious colon rectal medical condition, which required she live with a colostomy for four years, Yulady dove head first into a new, healthy life filled with yoga and studies in Ayurveda. It was only three years into her practice (and during her 20th surgery related to her former illness) that her doctors discovered that she had Stage 2 breast cancer at the age of thirty-two. Yulady is documenting her journey as a mommy-yogi-with-cancer on her Youtube channel: YouTube.com/YuladySaluti. She plans to return to a full teaching schedule after treatment in New Jersey at Powerflow Yoga, Onyx Mind Body, Poe Yoga, and Inferno Hot Yoga. You can also follow her always uplifting tweets @yogalody.

25 Responses to “Thank Goodness My Hubby is Not a Boob Man.”

1. [...] reading here: Thank Goodness My Hubby is Not a Boob Man. | elephant journal ← Healthy Eating – Health – Weight Loss Natural News- a Cancer on Human [...]

2. Annie Passanisi, Happiness Advocate says:

Thank you for this brave and uplifting post! My father was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before Christmas this year and had a mastectomy on New Years Eve Day. Now, 6 months later he has finished chemo (or "nectar" as you so fabulously call it) and radiation. He is healthy, happy, and his hair is growing back.

As his child, and also as a woman who tests positive for the BRCA gene, I cannot fully express how refreshing it is to see you and your husband face this cancer so bravely and fabulously. Thank you for that. It's been a long road but we're better for it on the other side, and I know, somehow, you will be too. Here's to your speedy recovery and continued health and happiness!

3. Mamaste says:

Great post, my friend AND you're back to teaching? My god, you ARE super-woman! So proud to know you. Let's touch base later this afternoon about your movie deal . ;)
    xoxo ~Mamaste

4. Anne Falkowski Anne says:

You are so beautiful. Keep rocking. Inspiring me not to whine today.

5. Mamaste says:

Just intro'd on FB.
    You're rockin' it , Yulady! Keep up the positivity.
    Love, Love.
    xoxo
    ~Mamaste

6. @Yogastyles says:

Thank you for sharing! As a yogi who also chose to do a double mastectomy and chemo after my cancer diagnosis (almost 4 years ago!) I understand your journey and am sending you HUGE sisterly hugs!

7. piers ede says:

Thanks for being so inspiring!

8. liannecawood says:

I am loving your video's … and your hubby is so right, so right about it being an inside out thing. I so wish we women could be less insecure about how we look. And stop defining ourselves that way. My husband is a boob (only mine!) man but like your hubby he is more a "i want my wife alive" man. And I started off seeing chemo as poison, as the red devil (adriamycin) but was guided by a friend to see it as my friend, as helping me.. A positive attitude is simply everything in this journey. Good on you. And for sharing.

9. James Vincent Knowles jamesvincentknowles says:

loving prayers and love and bows and more love to you~you graceful gracious giving gentle being you.

10. tracy lynch says:

Instead of I have cancer, try… living beside cancer, works for me, just to not give it so much power and know that i also have an amazing full life, thanks for your bravery from Tracy in oz 7 years post chemo and double mastectomy xo

11. @Yogalody says:

Tracy I love that!!!!! thank you
    you rock!!!
    xoxoxo

12. Nope.. she isn’t Diane at all.. just herself, refreshed and glamored up..Report this comment as spam or abuse

13. [...] research in breast cancer and yoga has shown that after a yoga program, 94 percent of the women said their quality of life [...]

14. @Jonika8 says:

Thanks for your honesty, vulnerability, and the love that flows between you. Your husband is a you-man. And you are more than you know. Love.

15. camilleshirley says:

Beautiful, I am without words xoxo :)

16. Victoria says:

So inspiring – you two are such a cute couple. I attend Powerflow in the Westwood and Ridgewood locations… Maybe our paths will cross. Best of luck. XO