So, I’ve been on a bit of a hummus kick lately.
But, having just finished a cleanse traditional hummus made with garbanzo beans can be a little bit heavy and dense in a belly that feels light and clean.
Enter, zucchini. Not only is this little veggie abundant and in season right now, but it makes for a delicious and light version of hummus that doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable!
- 2 – 3 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup raw tahini (this can be pricey so if you can’t find raw, don’t beat yourself up about it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- optional: 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth
- Serve in your favorite dish (I got mind from Cafe Gratitude up in San Francisco! I hear they’re opening a new loation in Venice off of Rose Street…) and enjoy with cucumber, peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or wrap it up with your favorite veggies, some greens and maybe a bit of avocado?
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant food on facebook.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.