So, I’ve been on a bit of a hummus kick lately.
But, having just finished a cleanse traditional hummus made with garbanzo beans can be a little bit heavy and dense in a belly that feels light and clean.
Enter, zucchini. Not only is this little veggie abundant and in season right now, but it makes for a delicious and light version of hummus that doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable!
- 2 – 3 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup raw tahini (this can be pricey so if you can’t find raw, don’t beat yourself up about it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- optional: 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth
- Serve in your favorite dish (I got mind from Cafe Gratitude up in San Francisco! I hear they’re opening a new loation in Venice off of Rose Street…) and enjoy with cucumber, peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or wrap it up with your favorite veggies, some greens and maybe a bit of avocado?
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant food on facebook.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,470 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 47,332 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 570 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 1,014 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 479 shares Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,433 share Why Some Loves feel Unfinished, even After we’ve Let Go. 664 shares In Case they Never Told You: a Powerful Message for New Mothers. 1,005 share Best Cover of the Best Love Song Ever. 335 shares