So, I’ve been on a bit of a hummus kick lately.
But, having just finished a cleanse traditional hummus made with garbanzo beans can be a little bit heavy and dense in a belly that feels light and clean.
Enter, zucchini. Not only is this little veggie abundant and in season right now, but it makes for a delicious and light version of hummus that doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable!
- 2 – 3 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup raw tahini (this can be pricey so if you can’t find raw, don’t beat yourself up about it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- optional: 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth
- Serve in your favorite dish (I got mind from Cafe Gratitude up in San Francisco! I hear they’re opening a new loation in Venice off of Rose Street…) and enjoy with cucumber, peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or wrap it up with your favorite veggies, some greens and maybe a bit of avocado?
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant food on facebook.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 580 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 0 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,561 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 957 shares The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 838 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 7,302 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 6,945 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,389 share