So, I’ve been on a bit of a hummus kick lately.
But, having just finished a cleanse traditional hummus made with garbanzo beans can be a little bit heavy and dense in a belly that feels light and clean.
Enter, zucchini. Not only is this little veggie abundant and in season right now, but it makes for a delicious and light version of hummus that doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable!
- 2 – 3 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup raw tahini (this can be pricey so if you can’t find raw, don’t beat yourself up about it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- optional: 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth
- Serve in your favorite dish (I got mind from Cafe Gratitude up in San Francisco! I hear they’re opening a new loation in Venice off of Rose Street…) and enjoy with cucumber, peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or wrap it up with your favorite veggies, some greens and maybe a bit of avocado?
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant food on facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 463 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 76,036 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 18,241 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,952 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,822 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,707 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,077 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,144 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 970 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,638 share