This is #18 of 108 Ways to Livin’ the Moment. Let’s take back our lives one beautiful, funny and delicious moment at a time.
#18: Practice Voodoo…It Works
We all have those dark days where we can’t help but think “if only I had a voodoo doll of my ex-lover or nasty boss or that goddamn divorce lawyer.”
But what really is voodoo?
Voodoo was brought to the New Orleans area by Haitian exiles after the Haitian revolution.
It’s a religion filled with rituals, but the “voodoo doll” is misconstrued in pop culture. Usually, the voodoo doll is used to bless, not curse.
Following are some of the interesting rituals embraced by Vodouisants (another name for Voodoo practitioners)
- >> A lock of a girl’s hair brings good luck.
- >> Having a woman visit you the first thing on a Monday morning is bad luck for the rest of the week.
- >> Don’t borrow or lend salt because that is bad luck.
- >> If a woman wants her husband to stay away from other woman, she can do so by putting a little of her blood in his coffee, and he’ll never quit her.
- >> You can give someone a headache by taking and turning their picture upside down.
The yogis have their own type of voodoo that is based on mind control. Watch the following short video for a little advice on practicing yogi voodoo.
Be a Momenteer.
For the past several months, I have been asking those of you interested in starting a little revolution to become a Momenteer.
As our world becomes more advanced and more high-tech, there has to be a group of people (maybe you?) who advocate for the present moment, the simple pleasures, the importance of making humanity more important than technology.
And hey, this is not that we stop using technology. But that technology stops using us.
To find out how you can save a seat on the arc and become a Momenteer, email [email protected] and write Momenteer! in the subject.
And to those of you who have already signed on, next week you will be receiving something very inspiring. Stay tuned!
Editior: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant spirituality on facbook.