World’s 50 Most Emotional Photographs.

Via on Sep 2, 2012

“I think we all have empathy. We may not have enough courage to display it.” ~ Maya Angelou

“If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand, if you don’t have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can’t have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.” ~ Daniel Goleman

Get ready to feel your heart:

YouTube Preview Image

If the photos move too fast for you, click here and take your time.

You can play this while you do so (thanks for suggestion to Redditor):

YouTube Preview Image

For more:

Most Romantic Photo Ever. (+ 107 other Remarkable Old Photos)

About elephant journal

13 Responses to “World’s 50 Most Emotional Photographs.”

1. ava says:

very disappointing collage, as many of the photos are of war and the glorification of it. it felt like a syrupy advertisement from fox news for war cheerleading… i've seen better 'emotional' photos from my 5mp cell phone camera on a walk through the park!

• Rachel says:

Excuse me? You are heartless and send you love and light because you need it

• Garrett says:

Why is ava heartless? I didn't really feel much from it either, and I have a heart. I had a few shivers here and there, though overall… nothing really jumped at me to 'move me to tears'.

Out of curiosity, what part of the photo-reel did you find that was so very emotional, Rachel?

• kristin says:

the dog laying by her owners' grave :(

• guest says:

the Korean relatives parting ways. Although war stories are behind a lot of these, how many of these people actually wanted to be a part of the war? I'm sure not many at all. Even back in the day, a lot of soldiers were enlisted. Or like today, some people join the military services thinking they are going to be doing some sort of good and realize the politicians intentions part way through and possibly regret their service. Everybody is human.

2. Angela says:

touching. I think the point was that there are stories behind the pictures. I don't think they glorified war.

3. sabine says:

Not a glorification of war at all – it's the emotion behind the experiences of the people behind the scenes. Not the politicians causing wars. And many other touching images – thank you.

4. Toni says:

1:28 hope. This says it all.

5. Mia says:

It is not war that is glorified here. Humanity is glorified. It shows that, although people find themselves swept up in tragedy, war and all kinds of conflict, we are capable of loving kindness in these moments. Im moved in some way by all of these photos.

6. George Diehl says:

Looking at these photos I understood all human beings bleed red, all humanity shares an emotional and spiritual connection. Each individual has the right and responsibility to choose if ignorance, insolence, racism, bigotry and hatred is the reason for our behavior. I feel humanity has used stupidity as a justification to be, for lack of a better word, evil; for far too long. We can learn from the past and choose to do better with the present; for the sake of the future.