Why do we touch? Why do we long for human contact?
Artistic Directors, Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley, examine the many facets of human contact, skin-on-skin, if you will, as we journey through a variety of questions:
How do we use touch to communicate and what are we saying when we do? How can touch be so universal and, at the same time, so uniquely intimate?
Our skin is the largest organ we have and our only means of contact with anything, that is other than ourselves.
Indeed, SKIN is our take on human contact…prepare to be moved.
Why You Should Come (or, This is Why We’ll Rock Your Socks!)
1) Six CU Boulder Alum will be on stage!
2) We work very hard to give back to the community and have been awarded six grants for our achievements.
3) We may be a young company but we’re making waves! We strongly support the arts and do arts-outreach workshops twice a year.
4) Our music for the show is entirely designed by a fabulous professional sound designer! We incorporate text and movement to give a full visceral performance.
5) Evolving Doors Dance is the only LGBT dance company in Colorado.
6) We have a whole community of 25 dancers on stage! Where else could you see professional work with movers of all ages and levels?
Show Dates & Times:
Friday, November 2nd and Saturday November 3rd at 7:30pm at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Thursday, November 8th and Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm at the KRD Venue in Denver (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Artistic Directors Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley founded Evolving Doors Dance in Boulder in 2006. Since then, they have produced socio-political dance performances that focus on equality, the GLBTQ community and human connection with art. The company has received various grants for work in Colorado, including a 2008 Neodata Endowment Fellowship, awarded to Simmons for her body of work.
Editor: Bryonie Wise
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share