Why do we touch? Why do we long for human contact?
Artistic Directors, Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley, examine the many facets of human contact, skin-on-skin, if you will, as we journey through a variety of questions:
How do we use touch to communicate and what are we saying when we do? How can touch be so universal and, at the same time, so uniquely intimate?
Our skin is the largest organ we have and our only means of contact with anything, that is other than ourselves.
Indeed, SKIN is our take on human contact…prepare to be moved.
Why You Should Come (or, This is Why We’ll Rock Your Socks!)
1) Six CU Boulder Alum will be on stage!
2) We work very hard to give back to the community and have been awarded six grants for our achievements.
3) We may be a young company but we’re making waves! We strongly support the arts and do arts-outreach workshops twice a year.
4) Our music for the show is entirely designed by a fabulous professional sound designer! We incorporate text and movement to give a full visceral performance.
5) Evolving Doors Dance is the only LGBT dance company in Colorado.
6) We have a whole community of 25 dancers on stage! Where else could you see professional work with movers of all ages and levels?
Show Dates & Times:
Friday, November 2nd and Saturday November 3rd at 7:30pm at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Thursday, November 8th and Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm at the KRD Venue in Denver (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Artistic Directors Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley founded Evolving Doors Dance in Boulder in 2006. Since then, they have produced socio-political dance performances that focus on equality, the GLBTQ community and human connection with art. The company has received various grants for work in Colorado, including a 2008 Neodata Endowment Fellowship, awarded to Simmons for her body of work.
Editor: Bryonie Wise
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 511 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,527 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 5,978 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 486 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,396 share For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,907 shares How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 819 shares