1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
…And darn to Snopes if this ain’t the truth. It may not be the Dalai Lama but I’d say it’s still pretty good advice to live by anyway.
Updated: This might be good advice, but it isn’t directly from his talks. Some of it appears to be, some not. We take this kinda thing seriously, with a sense of humor too…but…our bad. We were fooled. Here’s some real Dalai Lama helpful wisdom! ~ ed.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 390 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 171 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 400 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,011 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 12 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 21,581 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 13,899 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,844 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,429 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,956 shares