I don’t know about the rest of the world, but sometimes I find getting to the mat can be difficult.
Maybe it’s season change or my many excuses, none of which are valid, that are holding me back. I’m even having a hell of a time getting my Yoga Teacher Training students to participate in the studio where they are training. It seems to me to be so strange that you want to teach yoga but don’t want to be part of your local studio or community. If you don’t connect with local community who are you going to teach too?
Here are five reason you should practice yoga at a studio:
1. Human connection! It’s very important to be part of a vibrant community and to chat with like minded individuals.
2. You could use some help with your poses. You may not realize it, but your butt is sagging during Chaturanga and your knees are hyper extended in Uttanasana. A well qualified compassionate teacher will help with your alignment and form. Proper alignment and form can make the difference between a lifelong practice of injury free yoga and giving up on your practice because of pain and injury.
3. It’s good for you to get out of the house and learn something new. When you practice alone all the time you get stale and you tend not to try new things.
4. It keeps you on your mat. Find a friend at yoga and commit to coming three times a week. Yoga with a friend keeps you motivated.
5. You open up to new experiences by participating in workshops and community events. Yoga is an investment in you, and consequently that becomes an investment in the world.
The biggest message I took away from reading the Gita for the 10th time is action!
Stop talking and start doing. Your life isn’t going to live itself!
Editor: Brianna Bemel
Like elephant Yoga on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 387 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 171 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 397 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 1,011 share Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 12 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 18,073 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 12,930 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,814 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,428 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 6,757 shares