An environmental short that brings together powerful storytelling and stunning imagery.
The vivid images of nature and Summer flash across the screen to heart-stopping music. Her words are powerful and the overall effect is chilling. Wow. The film might be short, but, dare I say… it’s epic.
eXtinction is very much an urgent call to action as it is a chilling account of what we stand to lose. Oftentimes such widespread change seems so out of reach—but when you are able to juxtapose it against something as fleeting as a person’s life, it becomes vividly apparent.
~ Summer Rayne Oakes, Star of eXtinction and Writer/Producer/Actress
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch eXtinction in full right here:
The artistic film highlights ten of the most pressing environmental issues in the world and here are the hand-selected organizations (via extinctionfilm.tumblr.com) that have been at the forefront of effective solutions. Please consider donating to one for the holidays.
- I Love Wetlands. Save wetlands with Wetlands International.
- I Love Forests. Conserve world forests with Rainforest Action Network.
- I Love Oceans. Support our international waters with Oceana.
- I Love Insects. Save pollinators with the Xerces Society.
- I Love the Amazon. Help the indigenous communities of the Amazon save the forest with Amazon Watch.
- I Love Glaciers. Inform yourself on the effects of climate change on our earth’s last remaining glaciers with the Extreme Ice Survey.
- I Love Corals. Protect colorful corals with Reef Check.
- I Love Water. Give the gift of water to those in need with Charity: Water.
- I Love Earth. Believe that one person can move mountains with Foundation Earth.
Like elephant green and enlightened society on elephant.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 594 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 1 share The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 959 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,565 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 991 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 7,448 shares Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 7,466 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,390 share