An environmental short that brings together powerful storytelling and stunning imagery.
The vivid images of nature and Summer flash across the screen to heart-stopping music. Her words are powerful and the overall effect is chilling. Wow. The film might be short, but, dare I say… it’s epic.
eXtinction is very much an urgent call to action as it is a chilling account of what we stand to lose. Oftentimes such widespread change seems so out of reach—but when you are able to juxtapose it against something as fleeting as a person’s life, it becomes vividly apparent.
~ Summer Rayne Oakes, Star of eXtinction and Writer/Producer/Actress
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch eXtinction in full right here:
The artistic film highlights ten of the most pressing environmental issues in the world and here are the hand-selected organizations (via extinctionfilm.tumblr.com) that have been at the forefront of effective solutions. Please consider donating to one for the holidays.
- I Love Wetlands. Save wetlands with Wetlands International.
- I Love Forests. Conserve world forests with Rainforest Action Network.
- I Love Oceans. Support our international waters with Oceana.
- I Love Insects. Save pollinators with the Xerces Society.
- I Love the Amazon. Help the indigenous communities of the Amazon save the forest with Amazon Watch.
- I Love Glaciers. Inform yourself on the effects of climate change on our earth’s last remaining glaciers with the Extreme Ice Survey.
- I Love Corals. Protect colorful corals with Reef Check.
- I Love Water. Give the gift of water to those in need with Charity: Water.
- I Love Earth. Believe that one person can move mountains with Foundation Earth.
Like elephant green and enlightened society on elephant.
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. How I Raise My Dying Son.