Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.
~ Helen Keller
2012 was a year of growth and change for me. I renewed my commitment to myself, my dreams, my family, my friends, my goals. I found myself, a new stronger version of myself. I will continue to remind myself daily:
1. A giant Southern family is a blessing not a curse.
2. Children laughing is one of the greatest sounds.
3. Community and friendships are necessary in life.
4. Love arrives when your soul is ready for it.
5. Creativity is joy.
6. Money does not bring happiness.
7. Falling in love with yourself is paramount.
8. Being active daily keeps illness in check.
9. Giving back brings more to your life than those you help.
10. You never stop learning and growing.
11. Yoga pants are the most comfortable thing to wear.
12. Being content in who you are today is the only way to change your future self.
13. Handstands are really hard.
14. Learning to say no is difficult but necessary.
15. Be present in the moment, don’t worry about tomorrow. Worry never solved anything.
16. People don’t need to be fixed. You can accept them with faults or disengage.
17. Arguing is a complete waste of energy. Communicate.
18. Smile every day.
19. Dancing is good for the spirit.
20. Life is a blessing. Live it, don’t just exist in it.
21. My children are the most amazing people, they are the greatest gift. I thank my former husband for them.
Ed: Lynn H.
Like elephant journal on facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,393 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 16,192 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,049 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 9,713 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 154 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,252 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,838 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 420 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 916 shares