Best yoga video you’ve seen for a long time.

Via on Jan 14, 2013

meghan currie yoga teacher video

Meghan Currie‘s Yoga Videos: click here for more.

Click here for more, more.

My kind of yoga video is more about the present moment, about the heart, about our yearning to break through from being stuck and claustrophobic and to apologize and connect and be genuine and live and love and caress and…my kind of yoga video is beautiful, less about views and instruction and more about feeling life breathe through us.

That’s what I need: I need more than marketing and PR and social media and less than what most famous yoga teachers offer: I need real, fun, raw. Touch the earth.

Stunningly, Searchingly, Peacefully Beautiful. Watch in HD, it’s way more better:

Filmed at the epic Magnific Rock in Nicaragua. madly in love with this place. MUSIC: LIGHT by Dr Toast

About elephant journal

109 Responses to “Best yoga video you’ve seen for a long time.”

1. Yogi says:

My question is, why does she have to be so scantily clad? Couldn't it be just a beautiful if she, at the very least, had on yoga pants? Is this about yoga or about an almost nude female body?

• Sarah says:

Pretty short sighted Joe. I have seen many yoga videos with guys in banana hammocks and no one seems to have a problem with it. Yoga is about NON-judgement. Women these days criticize themselves enough we don’t need men to help us out with that one. I think you need to spend more time on your Mat.

2. Judy says:

I like how you can see her little belly breathing in the time warp part. It just made me think of the expression "human organism" and that in-itself is of value to me.

3. Alice2112 says:

Love. Peace. Joy.
    Thank You.

4. We Would love to work with you in the future on any of your new Yoga products! Please keep up in mind. This is exciting news and Im proud to be in the film making industry. We have a had a record year, working with both Celine Dion and Lady Gaga, not to mention dozens of music videos, films, and commercials. Great article and nice to see others enjoying our industry as well. MG -Las Vegas Video Production

5. Such amazing power and grace! Im blown away by your Yoga moves and strength. I once met a Yoga master from India who was 70 years old but had the body of a 25 year old! Amazing. I will share this video on Facbeook.
    Las Vegas Video Production

6. zaj17 says:

What I would find STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL would be a middle aged, slightly paunchy gal such as myself doing yoga – just a tad inflexible, smiling, loving life.

7. Tara says:

Beautiful. :)

8. David Kennedy says:

Creative.

9. Hari Sangat Kaur says:

A lot of judgement here but, in all honesty, the title is a bit misleading. Calling it the" Best yoga video" really makes people question the reality of that. Is it the best video? Is she the best artist? What are we looking at here? We are open to judge. The title sets us up to judge and yoga girl ( who is as flexible as many others) takes the hit.

10. Edita says:

Call it what you want, it was lovely! Now go breathe…. :/

11. Mermaid70 says:

To me, this is gymnastics-yoga, a special type only possible for the very flexible. It's beautiful to watch and can be taken simply as that. When I watch professional ballet, I know there's no way I will be doing that kind of stuff, even if I can do a few pirouettes or frappes in the kitchen while leaning against the counter. This woman is putting on a performance and that's her prerogative, it's her life. But I wouldn't go to her classes, and I won't be trying most of the moves in her "arsenal".

• Keeta says:

I find her classes delicious, fluid, & accessible. I cant do everything she does, but If anything …being able to view the potential & beauty in asana and see a positive challenge is inspiring and helping me work through my own shit… All that messy self limiting can’t do this cant do that stuff… ;) what you are seeing is a beautifully honed personal practice…a class sequence aimed at a general audience is quiet different :)

12. Nadia says:

What type of yoga is this? This is the second video I've seen with the same routine. I would like to make this my personal practice but I'd like to know where it stems from :) Very beautiful video!

13. villagewolf says:

To me, this is more like cirque du soleil than yoga…

14. Rosanne says:

Wow, all these comments… They confuse and fascinate me. I found Meghan's videos this week, through an EJ post, and was instantly captivated and inspired. What got to me was the enormous joy she obviously has in her practice, she seems to dance through poses and sometimes in between them. It made me smile and want to jump on my mat immediately. And I did, with music playing in the background, which I hadn't tried before. Meghan is obviously strong and flexible and can get into (to me) crazy beautiful poses. I am far from that, I'm only a beginner. But she has inspired me with her practice and her videos because of the joy and grace that shines through the screen and into my living room, not because she impresses me with what she can do, making me want to do that to. I am grateful to know the difference that makes for me.

Now, back to my yoga playlist and my practice :)

p.s. the video that first caught my attention: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/05/murder-me-

15. Nicole says:

Meagan has a very beautiful practice and it reflects the beauty she also carries on the inside. She opens to grace on and off the mat in life. To say that one wouldn’t take her class without ever having experienced it is ignorant. This video is not about your practice, and it’s not about making one feel less in their own practice. That’s on you, not Meghan. This video offers us a glimpse into her passion and dedication to her practice, it’s raw beauty. I often wonder why their is so much judgement between some of us that practice yoga? Megan didn’t even post this video on EJ, EJ posted the video. If you have taken one of Megan’s classes you would know that she offers you her passion and whole heart to each of her students, she offers her grace fully. She is an amazing teacher. She is an amazing being. I can see this in her practice and outside of her practice.

16. Kristin says:

I've watched this so many times, and will continue to watch it so many more… super inspiring & absolutely gorgeous. much love <3

17. private says:

oh geez. nice butchering of the ancient art of Indian yoga. this is terrible. disappointed with Elephant Journal

18. alle-lkw says: