Try This Instead of a Flu Shot.

Via on Jan 22, 2013

Source: mobilemoneymajik.com via DH Services on Pinterest

There is so much debate out there about whether to get a flu shot or not.

Maybe when you learn what’s actually in the shot, your decision will be made for you. The flu vaccine contains or may contain the following:

• >> Egg proteins: Including avian contaminant viruses
  • >> Formaldehyde: Known carcinogen
  • >> Thimerosal: Mercury-based preservative (only in multi-dose vials)
  • >> Other heavy metals such as aluminum: Known neurotoxin
  • >> Sugar: The essence of all inflammatory disease
  • >> Triton X100: A detergent
  • >> Other additives known to cause allergic reactions

Perfect right? So while you may not get sick with influenza, your chances of heavy metal toxicity, carcinogenic poisoning and a plethora of inflammatory diseases caused by an injection of the other ingredients are higher.

As a holistic health coach, I approach the flu, like any other imbalance in the body. I don’t believe our bodies are subject to illness when the proper diet and lifestyle precautions are taken. If you are getting sick, it’s time to do some detective work. What missing pieces are interfering with the efficacy of your immune system? When your immune system is compromised it has less ability to fight off  the myriad of toxins, viruses and diseases, you are perpetually faced with every day.

My goal is always to help educate you about how to strengthen the integrity of your immune system so there is less risk of a virus affecting you, leaving you completely down and out.

I believe that preventing the flu or any virus depends on improving the quality of our lifestyles. To me, this includes the following:

• >> Eating more nutrient and plant-based foods
  • >> Getting adequate supplementation including a mega-antioxidant, chelated mineral and BiOmega fatty acid
  • >> Limiting processed, sugary, packaged foods
  • >> Cooking more of our own meals
  • >> Scheduling relaxation time
  • >> Getting enough exercise and staying fit
  • >> Lovin’ up on our loved ones
  • >> Having fun!

I grew up in a household where illness was treated symptomatically. That did not work for me. Now I treat my body from a more holistic approach. I cannot remember the last time I got a cold, a sore throat or a flu even, though I am in contact with children and clients all day long who are always coming in with something.

Here is a preventive DYI flu shot in a bottle that will help prevent you too from being attacked this winter.

Directions:

Fill a 1/3 oz. roller bottle or 15 ml bottle with:

18 drops lemon essential oil

14 drops OnGuard essential oil

14 drops Melaleuca essential oil

10 drops Oregano essential oil

Fractionated coconut oil

Lemon-Headache-NutritionApplication:

Roll on the bottom of your feet (enters the blood stream fastest)

Diffuse in the air (smells amazing)

Take internally in a veggie capsule

To learn more about the proactive steps you can take to protect your family from the flu and support their immune systems, click here: here.

Like elephant Health & Wellness on Facebook.

Ed: Brianna Bemel

About Hayley Hobson

Hayley Hobson is an author, speaker, business coach, yogi, Pilates and holistic nutritional expert based in Boulder, CO. Hayley creates lifestyle transformations by coaching her clients to strengthen, nourish and evolve through the cycles and shifts in life. Combining cutting edge understanding in all three disciplines due to years of anatomical study and dietary theory, Hayley’s approach leverages their blended benefits and results. Her unique and intelligent style promotes strengthening while softening–empowering her client’s to heal not only their physical bodies, but their hearts and minds as well. Hayley studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, continues her studies with David Wolfe, raw food expert and is an essential oil expert in her own right.  Her insights and articles can also be found on her blog, Mindbodygreen and Islaorganics. She has also been featured in Pilates Style magazine, Natural Health magazine and Triathlete Magazine.  She has fun running and playing in the mountains with her husband, former world-ranked triathlete, Wes Hobson and their two beautiful daughters, Makenna and Madeline. To learn more about her nutritional courses, events she's hosting and custom programs go to her website or follow her on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest.

877 views

8 Responses to “Try This Instead of a Flu Shot.”

1. JBS says:

This type of advice makes me shudder inside. Sure, a healthy young affluent adult may be able to get away with figuring out what 'imbalances' are present when they contract an illness. Try telling that to the families of the 29 children and thousands of adults who have died this year from influenza in the US. To tell the average American, who is likely immunocompromised from a smattering of obesity, old age, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and/or chronic kidney disease that they just need to buck up and eat better and start exercising so they don't catch the flu is unrealistic and irresponsible. What options do the poor have? I doubt they can afford spend a little more on fruits and vegetables, essential oils, or a monthly pass to the local yoga studio.

This type of rhetoric that completely writes off the benefits of vaccines, makes unsubstantiated claims about their side effects, and minimizes the devastation that disease causes is poorly informed. I think it's great that this holistic approach has worked for the author of the article, but it simply does not work (or is not possible) for everyone-and we all have a duty to recognize that.

• Hayley Hobson hayleyhobson says:

Please read my comments to Roger below. I am definitely not telling people to NOT get vaccinated. I am simply sharing changes that have worked for me in my life that have taken me off what I felt was my death bed last year. They may not work for everyone. But then again, there is no one trick that works for all.

2. Roger says:

I agree with JBS on this one. I can appreciate that you have had a very privileged upbringing (by the sounds of it) and that's really great. Of course, everything you say regarding staying healthy is absolutely correct, these are all good examples of how to stay mentally and physically fit. Obesity and sugar intake are all challenges that we, as North Americans, have to address, for sure. But…..
    How many people could afford this? How many people can take the time or have the background and impetus to learn these 'alternative' remedies. Organic food is expensive, the essential oils you mentioned are expensive. Yoga passes and Pilates are expensive. I know there are alternatives like community classes but, if you were a single Mom trying to feed 3 kids while working for minumum wage, can you afford to do that? Or an addict? Or a new immigrant? Or a student? The answer is, probably not.
    Vaccines prevent many people from getting sick, and your dated notions regarding the toxic stew that people are receiving are misleading. It is hard to relate to epidemics because we don't see them here as openly in the West, but it is because of vaccines that we don't see them, not because of some drops of essential oils and fractionated coconut oil, whatever that means. Those posey's in people pockets still didn't prevent them from dying, it just covered up the smell of decay and pestilence. And you're too young to remember all those kids hanging out in iron lungs because they got polio (psssst, oil of oregano doesn't kill polio), they died. Hepatitis B? It sucks. You can die. HPV? well documented to increase the odds of getting cervical cancer. There is a vaccine for that now.
    People can take cheap steps towards bettering their own health, but not taking vaccines isn't one of them. Your article comes off as entitled and condescending. You live in a la-la-land that so very few people will ever know.
    Now, to be fair, you didn't mention any other vaccines other than the Flu shot so I am not sure what your take is on the rest of them. I take issue with the overall tone of your article, as well-intentioned as it may have been. Nothing you said is new or revelatory, and you are clearly out of touch with the majoriity of people in your country right now.
    I live in Canada, and work as an EMT, where I encounter many sick and underprivileged people living on the streets, living on aboriginal reservations, living on welfare, or, barely living. I would love to see them all rubbing lemon water on their feet and purifying the air with aregano after coming home from their lovely yoga class to help them soothe their aches and pains. In the meantime, we do the best we can with what we have to prevent the spread of deadly diseases.

3. Roger says:

By the way….I thought I might post a link to this inspiring video, check it out:

• Hayley Hobson hayleyhobson says:

Roger, I am definitely not telling people to NOT get a flu shot. In fact, my entire family got one this year. My article was meant to inform the readers that by taking better care of ourselves in general by trying to get proper nutrition in our bodies, trying to get enough rest and live a more stress-free life, we have a better chance of not getting sick. My world was totally different a few years ago. I caught every bug and virus that was floating in the air. My father, who was a physician, gave me the knickname "velcro" as a kid. Last year I had had enough. I landed myself one more time in the hospital (you can read my story on my website) and no one could tell me what was wrong with me. I decided to take matters into my own hands and change some things in my life including my diet and my career path. Since then, I have not contracted even a common cold even though everyone in my household, including my husband, who I share a bed with at night and my three year old, who I am loving on all day, have been sick numerous times. My immune system is stronger due to my life changes. I am simply sharing that with you.

• Roger says:

Well then, I apologize if I came off a little strong, which, admittedly, I must have. I did not read your story on your webstie though, and, to be fair, I can see that you don't necessarily want to retell it on every post. That said, I am happy to read you've had such a dramatic change in your health and have figured out something that works well for you.

I can relate to seeing dramatic shifts in one's health and being eager to share that, however, your initial article made some alarming claims that marignalized the benefits of what we do have in terms of modern health care. Or, to me at least, the inference was there. I mean, where is the proof that vaccinations cause heavy metal toxicity per se? Or the fact that sugar is the 'essence' of all inflammatory disease? What? Inflammation can be caused by many factors, not the least of which is infection due to virus/bacteria. Sugar, obviously, is not great in its refined form, and for sure we should do our best to limit its intake. To claim that sugar is the essence of all inflammatory disease cheapens your entire argument. Everything is a poison, it's just a matter of the dose, as the alchemist's rule states. Many many factors contribute to disease, not the least of which is stress and diet, but those are considerations that can be factored into the entire equation.

I haven't had a cold or a flu in years (knock wood), I drink coffee, eat muffins (trying to cut down) and sometimes get pretty stressed at work (where I can see a lot of sick people). I do yoga, which helps a lot. I know yogis who get sick, even though they eat well, do yoga a lot, enjoy their lives….so to me, it's multi-factorial.

I wish you and your family the best of health and best of luck with your career shift.

• Hayley Hobson hayleyhobson says:

Thanks Roger. I appreciate it. I agree with you that there are many factors that contribute to disease. However, I do thing sugar is an evil and causes an unnecessary stress to the body which then caused the liver and other organs to eventually shut down. I think your yoga practice is helping you more than you know. It's allowing you to eat your muffins and drink coffee without it tearing your body apart. My body is still too sensitive to add any of that back in. My only vice right now that I've been able to tolerate is Boulder Canyon Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. LOL.

And here is one of the sources I used for my article: http://www.naturalnews.com/037323_flu_vaccines_ju

4. [...] been blessed with the 24-hour flu twice in the last couple months. I won’t get into my own personal reasons for being [...]