I’ll always remember the St.Paddy’s Day when I decided it was a good idea to turn my bran muffins green.
It wasn’t—no one ate them.
1. Bran muffins.
2. Beer. It’s still crappy, diluted, non-microbrewed hop water, even if you color it green.
4. Macaroni and cheese. (I never would have even thought to color this green, but it was the first food that popped up when I Googled “St. Paddy’s Day foods.”)
5. Your pet.
Incidentally, here are things that you should turn green:
1. Your nails.
2. Your plate (by adding spinach, cabbage, and other plants that are naturally green, no dye needed).
3. Your philosophy.
4. Your clothes. (Not that you should actually tint your shirt green, but wearing something of that shade is wonderfully cheesy on St. Patty’s Day.)
5. Your chile. (Sorry, anyone who hasn’t spent time in New Mexico might not get this, but when I’m asked if I want my chile green or red, I always answer, “green please.”)
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!
Like elephant food on Facebook.
Ed: Kate Bartolotta