I’ll always remember the St.Paddy’s Day when I decided it was a good idea to turn my bran muffins green.
It wasn’t—no one ate them.
1. Bran muffins.
2. Beer. It’s still crappy, diluted, non-microbrewed hop water, even if you color it green.
4. Macaroni and cheese. (I never would have even thought to color this green, but it was the first food that popped up when I Googled “St. Paddy’s Day foods.”)
5. Your pet.
Incidentally, here are things that you should turn green:
1. Your nails.
2. Your plate (by adding spinach, cabbage, and other plants that are naturally green, no dye needed).
3. Your philosophy.
4. Your clothes. (Not that you should actually tint your shirt green, but wearing something of that shade is wonderfully cheesy on St. Patty’s Day.)
5. Your chile. (Sorry, anyone who hasn’t spent time in New Mexico might not get this, but when I’m asked if I want my chile green or red, I always answer, “green please.”)
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!
Like elephant food on Facebook.
Ed: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,385 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,514 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,027 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 11,776 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 7,825 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 152 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,245 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,830 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 413 shares