Earth Day is just around the corner.
Have you thought about what you might do to celebrate this big blue and green marble we call home? Well, here are some ideas for some earth friendly activities that you can do with friends and/or family for a fun and green Earth Day!
1. Go Meatless! Combine Meatless Monday with Earth Day for a healthy and environmental one-two punch!
2. Join a beach or park cleanup with groups like the Surfrider Foundation
3. Plant a tree—visit the Arbor Day site for more info
4. Check out a Green Drinks event in your area
5. If you have children, print out our calendar and draw a green star for each day that you do an activity that helps the earth!
6. Get your green thumbs dirty and start a garden. While you’re at it, start a compost pile too!
7. Turn trash into treasure! Refurbish an old sofa, chair or even a garment. Get crafty and creative and you just might produce a work of art!
8. Park your car. Spend the day walking or biking to the places you need to go. If you’re heading somewhere that’s a bit far, try public transportation!
9. Green Spring Clean. Swap our bulbs for energy efficient CFL’s, clean your house with eco alternative products, upcycle and or donate unwanted clothing and household items, etc. Get creative!
Hopefully some of these ideas spark your imagination! Happy Earth Day!
For more information, visit Healthy Voyager.
Like elephant green on Facebook.
Ed: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 456 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 72,536 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,640 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,868 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,734 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,685 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,065 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,122 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 933 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,419 share