I woke up on Christmas Eve of 2012…unable to move.
After vomiting for the next six days, I finally crawled in to see my family doctor.
“An gastro-intesintal bug,” she said. “You’ll have to wait it out.”
I was not satisfied with her diagnosis. I couldn’t stand up. I couldn’t walk. I couldn’t hold my daughter. I couldn’t function.
From the core of my body, I knew my issues lay deeper.
Down my throat. Up my butt. Tubes everywhere. I needed answers—it had been weeks and I was getting no closer to light at the end of a tunnel.
“Irritable bowel disease,” they said. (The diagnosis they give when they don’t have an answer.)
“Thank you very much,” I said. I’ve been diagnosed with that BS diagnosis for 20 years.
But there it was. Inflammation from my esophagus to my rectum. My entire gut was inflamed and my liver and kidneys had stopped working.
I knew my health was in my hands now; it was up to me to heal myself. And at that moment, I gave myself the power to be a healer.
I cleaned up my diet, and tried essential oils.
It’s hard to believe I did not know the value and beauty of essential oils before then; essential oils are now an integral part of my life.
I use essential oils for everything!
To treat colds, sinus issues, stomach aches, anxiety, mood management, sleep issues, cleaning and disinfecting.
I bet you didn’t know they had that many uses, did you? Most people don’t.
Just like me, they hear about essential oils and think they are used for aromatherapy purposes only. They don’t understand the power behind what I now call nature’s medicine.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are liquid extracts distilled from plants such as flowers, trees, and aromatic herbs. They provide protection for the plants by repelling harmful insects. They are very concentrated and it often takes an entire plant (or more) to produce a single drop of oil.
Their pleasant aromas from the oils have been known to balance moods, lift spirits, get rid of negative emotions and even create a romantic atmosphere.
Essential oils are more than just a pleasant aroma. Historically, they have been used to kill viruses, fungi, and bacteria. If you’re skeptical and need scientific data for yourself in order to become a believer, click here.
10 Reasons Why You Should Try Essential Oils:
1. Essential oils are anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-macrobial, anti-parasitic, anti-infectious and antiseptic. They can combat infectious disease by killing off viruses, bacteria or other pathogens. Some oils have been shown to destroy all tested viruses and bacteria.
2. Essential oils can act on both your mind and your body. Their aromas can be stimulating both psychologically and physically, as well as calming and sedating. Inhaling aromas is extremely powerful. Aromatic stimuli of your limbic system cause the release of neurotransmitters, including pain-reducing encephalin, pleasure-producing endorphins, relaxing serotonin, and stimulating noradrenaline.
3. Essential oils are some of the most powerful known antioxidants. (Determined by an ORAC developed by Tuft University).
4. Essential oils are capable of penetrating your cell membranes since they are lipid-soluble. According to Jean V. MD, essential oils can affect every cell of the body within 20 minutes, and are then metabolized like other nutrients. An anti-biotic cannot penetrate your cell’s wall.
5. Essential oils detoxify your cells and your blood.
6. Essential purify the air by eliminating odors from cooking, animals, mold, bacteria and other sources.
7. Essential oils are small enough to penetrate every tissue in your skin.
8. According to researchers at Vienna University, essential oils stimulate blood flow, which increases your nutrient and oxygen delivery.
9. Essential oils can be administered in two ways, either topically or through aromatherapy and therapeutic grade essential oils can be ingested in certain instances. When applied topically and inhaled, essential oils are absorbed immediately into your blood stream. Oils used aromatically don’t have to go through your digestive system, so they work immediately in your body.
10. The essential oils’ versatility makes them fairly inexpensive to use. One bottle goes a long way and can be used for many different ailments. For example, lavender oil helps with relaxation, sleep, bug bites, eczema and burns.
So, I’ve given you ten reasons why essential oils are so vital to your life.
What are you using now to take care of all these things essential oils can do for you? Would you be willing to make a switch and try something new and see if it makes a difference in your life?
I’d love to hear from you—please leave a comment in the box below.
(If you have found this article useful, spread the love by sharing it with others. Post it to FB, Pin it to Pinterest or Tweet it.)
Like elephant health & wellness on Facebook.
Ed: Bryonie Wise
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share 15 Cool Things Yoga has Taught Me. (Hint: None of them are Handstand.) 2,493 shares How to Quit your Job & Live in a Van. 2,633 shares